jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
We unwound the awning so far and it started to go screw wift so I wound it square again and fiddled with it it would only wind in not out so I wound it all the way in so I could use the van but it will not come out at all ?

any ideas what is wrong how to fix it do I need a gallon of petrol and a match?:ROFLMAO:

I could find nothing on the internet and before anyone asks its fitted to the van 3.5 mtrs long and all the other details are inside the :swear::swear: thing :Doh:

I thought after years of swearing at caravan awnings this was all in the past:Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
try unwinding a little to take tension off the fabric and arms and put a thin hook into the awning closure seam and give it a gentle pull. had a problem on our last van awning would not come out, thats what i did and was then able to unwind and do adjustments.

good luck:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I will give them a ring Peter many thanks I am at present on holiday only 8 miles from that address:thumb:

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Thank you Peter I will ring in the morning and ask if they are able to help if I go a ride over there in the van

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I went to Rose Awnings this morning a young man there looked at my stuck awning as soon as I asked if he could help.What a wonderful service I had from this company he stripped it all down completely sorted it out and lubricated some catches inside,he found the reason it had gotten in a mess and fiddled with something it now works properly I am very pleased with the service I had and the fact he did this straight away while I waited.

WELL DONE ROSE AWNINGS:thumb: thank you Dan

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
try unwinding a little to take tension off the fabric and arms and put a thin hook into the awning closure seam and give it a gentle pull. had a problem on our last van awning would not come out, thats what i did and was then able to unwind and do adjustments.

good luck:thumb:

I agree, I have to give a gentle pull on my awning to get it to come out. Don't know why I should have to, but what the hell it works. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back