What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (1 Viewer)

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
This is not a poll but a chance to share your grumpiness:Angry:

The question is "what irritates you when you are camping?"

At the surefire risk of offending some.... my biggest bug is campervan sliding doors. I am sure you know the sound I mean........ that early morning/late night.....

Whooooooooooosh....... (you know what's coming)...... CLUNK..... as the sliding door gets flung open or closed.:Doh:

So???????????????????????

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
people walk accross my pitch, (not the edge but through the middle) :thumbdown:

people walking accross my pitch smoking with a dog (not on a lead):boxing:

people who dont offer me a drink when I walk past (slowly):drink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
People.

On a serious note, there is nothing worse that people chattering late at night. I know we get up early and sit outside having a coffee, watching other Funsters stagger back to their vans at some early hour. Yes YOU Rob1Chelsea1, but that’s all well and good. What I hate is the late night revellers who will go on and on with little thought for others and then complain about those who get up early.
I agree with Munchie, kids playing ball games. Well kids as a whole need to be banned or placed in a cage and fed only every other fortnight. Grrr I dislike kids on campsites.

When we were in Grandborough (C & CC) , we pitched in the corner, away from other campers, they have a 6m rule and what happened?
Yep two turned up on pushbikes, tents, tree huggers, he late 60’s lycra ponytail (bald on top) and her high heels, black dress, boobs hanging out and when she crouched down it left little to the imagination. Even MrsShiftZZ was shocked..
They were all of 6 feet away, and when I woke up around midnight, he was walking around his tent wearing his lycra and one of those torches strapped to his head (LED are very bright), So I watched him for a while, round and round. So I blasted him with my torch, made no difference..

So please add old cyclists wearing Lycra and a head torch, along with old ladies who can’t control their outer and dangly bits.

Oh yes Burstner owners. :winky:

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
People.

On a serious note, there is nothing worse that people chattering late at night. I know we get up early and sit outside having a coffee, watching other Funsters stagger back to their vans at some early hour. Yes YOU Rob1Chelsea1, but that’s all well and good. What I hate is the late night revellers who will go on and on with little thought for others and then complain about those who get up early.
I agree with Munchie, kids playing ball games. Well kids as a whole need to be banned or placed in a cage and fed only every other fortnight. Grrr I dislike kids on campsites.

When we were in Grandborough (C & CC) , we pitched in the corner, away from other campers, they have a 6m rule and what happened?
Yep two turned up on pushbikes, tents, tree huggers, he late 60’s lycra ponytail (bald on top) and her high heels, black dress, boobs hanging out and when she crouched down it left little to the imagination. Even MrsShiftZZ was shocked..
They were all of 6 feet away, and when I woke up around midnight, he was walking around his tent wearing his lycra and one of those torches strapped to his head (LED are very bright), So I watched him for a while, round and round. So I blasted him with my torch, made no difference..

So please add old cyclists wearing Lycra and a head torch, along with old ladies who can’t control their outer and dangly bits.

We differ Shiftzz.

I would consider the lady turning up with her boobs hanging out a result::bigsmile:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I was rather disappointed to get my van back from service to find they'd greased the sliding door mechanism. It was much better when it was a bit rusty, and the lock was badly adjusted which meant I had to have 3 or 4 goes at shutting it properly, each attempt being faster and harder than the previous one.

It soon shut up the latenight chattering classes.........

:ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We differ Shiftzz.

I would consider the lady turning up with her boobs hanging out a result::bigsmile:

Jeeze Chris, you need help, high heels to prevent her boobs dragging on the floor, forget a Brazillian, think more Amazon Rain Forest, She sat on one of those folding three legged stools, that dissapeared and even the hardy Cave Rescue Team turned that job down.

Imagine Hillda Ogden crossed with Rangi and then multiplied by crossing the offspring with a deranged uran utang, dressed up as a trannie at a Law Society function then you may be close..

Still float your boat?

Last edited:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Jeeze Chris, you need help, high heels to prevent her boobs dragging on the floor, forget a Brazillian, think more Amazon Rain Forest, She sat on one of those folding three legged stools, that dissapeared and even the hardy Cave Rescue Team turned that job down.

Imagine Hillda Ogden crossed with Rangi and then multiplied by crossing the offspring with a deranged uran utang, dressed up as a trannie at a Law Society function then you may be close..

Still float your boat?

errk:whatthe: can I take my "like" back form Chris post please

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Goodness me, we are a grumpy bunch aren't we :roflmto:

OH and I don't have kids. She is less tolerant of badly behaved ones than I am and does get wound up when they are calling/shouting/screaming. Campsites should be relaxing places to be but of course kids will be a bit noisy. The problem is, of course, the parents who just let them get on with it.

We camped a lot in Germany (lived there ~ 5 years). German children are MUCH better behaved than other nationalities (I'm generalising). I'm embarrassed to say it but the Brits are terrible. If you hear screaming kids and notice the parents either totally ignoring them or screaming back ordering them to be quite (an in turn being ignored by the kids!) then you can be sure there's a GB plate close by.

We now live in NL and so far, ok. The Dutch are quite a bit more liberal than the Germans so kids get away with more, but do seem to have a LOT more fun at the same time.

Totally agree with people talking during late nights. We tend to go to bed once the sun is down. Like with the kids, I don't mind too much hearing people but when you are woken at midnight or later by roaring laughter, guitar playing, talking too loud... that is too late in the night. Keep it down or go inside, please.

/grump

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Whingers.

Usually banging on about people in Lycra
Rhygbi in some foreign lingo.
and other peoples drinking habits
dogs in general (Duck Incoming)
and Gnomeahomes

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
People.

[HI]So please add old cyclists wearing Lycra [/HI]and a head torch, along with old ladies who can’t control their outer and dangly bits.

I believe nowadays these are called MAMIL's....Middle Aged Men In Lycra:RollEyes:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
What is your most annoying "on site" thing?

Inconsiderate sods, Standing out side with their "Cadac`s" and the likes... Frying Bacon/Sausages/Eggs/Fried Bread... :Angry:

When all I have had for breakfast is a plate of poxy "Cornflakes"... :cry:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Those who take their prejudices onto caravan sites. The main attraction of camping to me is that sites are for the enjoyment of everyone including tree huggers dogs children rich and poor, piss heads and grumpy old gits. Tents have zips and campers have sliding doors and dont forget that A class motorhomes have drop down beds, how annoying can the sound of them be when they hit there base.:Doh:

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Motorhome Snobs! It's a love-hate relationship.

I don't care if your vehicle is new, or 30 years old - we are all enjoying the same thing on different budgets. It does what you want, how cares?

What I hate is when people look down their nose at others......as many of you know I used to hire motorhomes. I had a couple of people ask when we were away 'Do you think you will buy one when you are able to?' another was ' Hiring is a good idea for those that are too young to afford their own' and also the 'I have the larger model, of course they do come at a premium price you know, not everyone can afford that level of vehicle'

What I loved, was bringing them down with a bang! 'I own the hire company, we have a few of various classes though I like to keep around the 20 foot margin as they are easier for inexperienced people to handle. I don't want thier holiday ruined because of an accident claim at the end of it. We have taken this one this week to test it out and make sure everything is working fine'

Then you leave them stammering a way out of it.:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
What is your most annoying "on site" thing?

Inconsiderate sods, Standing out side with their "Cadac`s" and the likes... Frying Bacon/Sausages/Eggs/Fried Bread... :Angry:

When all I have had for breakfast is a plate of poxy "Cornflakes"... :cry:

try walking accross thier pitch slowly, rubbing your tummy mumbling " I wish I had a sausage, " :ROFLMAO:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Motorhome Snobs! It's a love-hate relationship.

I don't care if your vehicle is new, or 30 years old - we are all enjoying the same thing on different budgets. It does what you want, how cares?

What I hate is when people look down their nose at others......as many of you know I used to hire motorhomes. I had a couple of people ask when we were away 'Do you think you will buy one when you are able to?' another was ' Hiring is a good idea for those that are too young to afford their own' and also the 'I have the larger model, of course they do come at a premium price you know, not everyone can afford that level of vehicle'

What I loved, was bringing them down with a bang! 'I own the hire company, we have a few of various classes though I like to keep around the 20 foot margin as they are easier for inexperienced people to handle. I don't want thier holiday ruined because of an accident claim at the end of it. We have taken this one this week to test it out and make sure everything is working fine'

Then you leave them stammering a way out of it.:thumb:
Brilliant :) The type of people who come out with things like "I have the larger model, of course they do come at a premium price you know" deserves to be brought crashing down with a bang. Many people are like that with cars too, it is a way of displaying their 'wealth' (which is probably on tick) and showing it off.

It is of course MUCH cheaper to hire. We bought because we want the freedom but boyo is it expensive. And our MH wasn't even an expensive or new one.

Must admit though that OH and I jokingly turn our nose up at a couple of brands (only between ourselves and jokingly really) after seeing a few and being surprised at how basic they are. We always wave to other MHs when driving (do many other people do this?!) and she often jokes to me "Don't wave at the one! It's a ****!"

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Apologies....I am guilty of the breakfast cooking on the Cadac. I too am not a lover of any ball games near my van. ( old van was Avantgarde ) as they can dent very easily. Also don't like little children cycling near for the same reason.

I have to say that I did find it very odd to see many, many people washing and polishing their Motorhomes last weekend on site. I really don't have the time or the inclination for that. If I was there for many weeks then maybe ok but life is too short to be doing that on my holiday. A waste of good drinking, eating and cycling time. ::bigsmile:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Parents who think it's Ok to let their kids run free range when camping. I whole heatedly agree with kids having more freedom on sites but parents do have to keep half an eye on them.

At Bala C&CC site last August we had a kid run into our lite BBQ as he tripped over the dog tether, yes they were running that close to the van all friging weekend!

A couple of weeks ago at a site in March, Cambs, we arrived, put the sun canopy up, dogs were tethered in the shades, pumped canoe up, sat down with a G&T for him, a sherry for me, bowl of olives and crips, life was good. Then the kids from 3 pitches away decided our boat looked interesting as did the dogs and we were the site entertainment!! grrrrr. There was rather a good comedy moment when one kid picked up the double oars, turned round and clouted his brother on the back of his head. Then the checky so and so stated helping himself to the nibbles!! And we just sat there dumbfounded! :Doh:

Last edited:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
What is a Cadac?

As for the washing and polishing, I really need and want to do ours but haven't had time. The only time I will get is on a campsite whilst OH is reading or cooking (if she doesn't want to go for a walk, or a cycle, or a swim or aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!)

So perhaps these MH washers you see are people like me who haven't had time anywhere else and are sick to the back teeth of looking at their MH and thinking "UGH!!"

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
What is a Cadac?

As for the washing and polishing, I really need and want to do ours but haven't had time. The only time I will get is on a campsite whilst OH is reading or cooking (if she doesn't want to go for a walk, or a cycle, or a swim or aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!)

So perhaps these MH washers you see are people like me who haven't had time anywhere else and are sick to the back teeth of looking at their MH and thinking "UGH!!"

A Cadac is a gas bbq. Either plug in to the MH or free standing with it's own gas bottle. :thumb:

I hope to be able to wash our MH today so that it can get covered in steam engine soot again. It will be it's second wash this year. :Blush: ::bigsmile:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thought this was FUNSTERS site. Could have fooled me reading these posts.::bigsmile:::bigsmile: BUSBY. Live and let live.

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
The only thing that bothers me is kids playing ball near the van:shout: if kicked to hard it might knock us over:ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Parents who think it's Ok to let their kids run free range when camping. I whole heatedly agree with kids having more freedom on sites but parents do have to keep half an eye on them.

At Bala C&CC site last August we had a kid run into our lite BBQ as he tripped over the dog tether, yes they were running that close to the van all friging weekend!

A couple of weeks ago at a site in March, Cambs, we arrived, put the sun canopy up, dogs were tethered in the shades, pumped canoe up, sat down with a G&T for him, a sherry for me, bowl of olives and crips, life was good. Then the kids from 3 pitches away decided our boat looked interesting as did the dogs and we were the site entertainment!! grrrrr. There was rather a good comedy moment when one kid picked up the double oars, turned round and clouted his brother on the back of his head. Then the checky so and so stated helping himself to the nibbles!! And we just sat there dumbfounded! :Doh:
You sound like a soft touch, just tell them to piss off.:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back