Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Just got back from a superb trip covering the Peak District and Llangollen, North Wales.
We usually tour abroad but this year decided we should try to see more of this beautiful island of ours.

Being true southerners we usually always ended up touring Dorset,Devon, Cornwall etc. We have seen a lot of Scotland though but on each occasion let down by very poor weather.

This trip was obviously improved by having glorious weather and we ended up in Llangolen as the Eisteddfod was getting under way. Using our bikes we cycled along the Llangollen Canal and turned off into the main entrance/car park where I spotted a very tall older gentleman who appeared to be looking at our bikes (they're are electric). I recognised him immediately - Terry Waite. He nodded his approval of our form of transport and waved us off as we circled around the car park and back to canal.

Can't wait to go back and explore some more :Smile:

Rob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We had a couple of days at a THS at Llangollen two weeks ago. It was a mile up a steep hill and a bit of a narrow access road but a lovely site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Can't wait to go back and explore some more :Smile:
Rob

Wrong transport error....

This area is made for motorbikes, well it is in the weather we've been having.

Have I enjoyed it -- NO.

After June in Germany the jungle needs every minute of good weather to turn it back into a garden. Now we've just had torrential rain it will get even more overenthusiastic.

OP
OP
Rob e Lee

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Wrong transport error....

This area is made for motorbikes, well it is in the weather we've been having.

Have I enjoyed it -- NO.

After June in Germany the jungle needs every minute of good weather to turn it back into a garden. Now we've just had torrential rain it will get even more overenthusiastic.

Can't ride a motorbike along the canals I think :winky:

Rob

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Rob, We did similar trip between Stratford Show and Shrewsbury show, 10 days around the peak district then 3 days at the 2 aquaducts Llangollen and Chirk.
Terry:sin::sin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ah, Rob. One of my favourite weekends ever was at Llangollen .. Snowbird was there too and we were in a field that The Caravan Club had hired right on the side of the canal. Five minute walk into the town, lovely full English breakfast cafe (inc. vegetarian) and lots of lovely people I would love someone to organise a meet on that field in the summer ... if I didn't have my mum I would have done so. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back