alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI folks,Can any one give any info on the Kipor 2600 generator (inverter) ie how reliable they are etc, it is quoted it is full sine wave, any information given is fully appreciated ,Regards Alf.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
quite a few members have one, me included.

They are as near pure sinewave airwaves you can get in a generator, except Honda.

Mine stopped generating a couple of years ago but after being stripped, rebuilt and left standing it came back to life.

I suspect faulty wiring between alternator and inverter board which while being rebuilt had been moved/jiggled and made contact with itself.

Don't buy a used one unless you see it working and powering something like a 2kw electric fire.
Inverter boards are the biggest weakness, are unrepairable and cost around £250.

Other than that...a good bit of kit for the money.

Last edited:

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
HI folks,Can any one give any info on the Kipor 2600 generator (inverter) ie how reliable they are etc, it is quoted it is full sine wave, any information given is fully appreciated ,Regards Alf.

Hi Alf and M and dog and cat :winky:, Don't do it mate,,, best get a Honda::bigsmile: some have some good words about Kipor but some get rid of there's and get a Honda in the end???? Hope all is ok in Sunny Sweden, going to meet up for 4 days with Nigel and Pam tomorrow and a couple of others, Have a good day Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it would take a lot for me to buy a 2kva Honda....or any Honda come to that.
Maybe if it was needed every day as a work tool then yes, but not for occasional use in a field.
Quality may be better but a quarter of the price is nothing more than a premium for the brand name.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Heavy:Doh:....do you need a 2.6kv:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have had three of em.. All worked perfectly and all sold on in a fits of pique when I had brain farts and decided they are not needed.. and will be replaced with another when I see one at the right price !!

Love em to bits.. Quiet, reliable and good value for money

Yes, you hear of breakdowns but consider this.. The thousands and thousands out there that do not break down you never hear about ( I mean, why would anyone post 'I have a Kypor and it is running normally' ! ) .. The few that have had issues seem to have been quite a long time ago too.. so maybe they just got better or perhaps the few that did fail folk were just plain unlucky

OP
OP
alfandM

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Alf and M and dog and cat :winky:, Don't do it mate,,, best get a Honda::bigsmile: some have some good words about Kipor but some get rid of there's and get a Honda in the end???? Hope all is ok in Sunny Sweden, going to meet up for 4 days with Nigel and Pam tomorrow and a couple of others, Have a good day Regards Garry Flatpackchicken

Hi Garry hope you and Chris are well and settling back in after your trekking through Scandinavia trip,we are all well up here trying to keep cool, as iam typing this the out side temps are 31 deg with a cool breeze so no more mozzies and horse flys ,say a BIG Hi from all of us to Nigel and Pam, any way i sew these kipor gens on sale at an outlet, and they have 3 models all reasonably priced so i would ask if any body had any experience on the 2600w model,thanks for the info i shall be keeping it to mind,cheers again ,have it good, Alf Marianne and the two:thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
The 2.6 model is a heavy old beast..

And if you are not careful when you pull the starter you WILL get hurt !

Pull the chord until it JUST comes up to compression.. Then heave. It should start 1st or second pull

If you do not follow the procedure expect a bruised leg/knuckes/chin and if you are unlucky a smashed front casing cos it WILL kick back on you !!!

OP
OP
alfandM

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Heavy:Doh:....do you need a 2.6kv:Eeek:

The reason we was thinking of a 2.6 is as and whan we have a power cut i can connect into our home for running our water pump etc, and as being only a few kgs heavier than the others, its better to have more power rather than less,Regards Alf.

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
The reason we was thinking of a 2.6 is [HI]as and whan we have a power cut i can connect into our home [/HI]for running our water pump etc, and as being only a few kgs heavier than the others, its better to have more power rather than less,Regards Alf.

As above but the best thing with my 2600 is the 10hrs (book says seven hours) to one tank of fuel powering the MH and two extra fridges in the blazing heat of Santa pod recently :thumb:

(Easiest way to start is to have one foot on the genny and pull with both hands, first time every time!)

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We have a little kipor 750 watt just to charge battery's
It will run fridge charge battery's and just power a 500 watt fan heater just!
Cost 100 quid cheap to run easy to start
And if we have a power cut at home kip in van

GlobeStar

Free Member
Jul 23, 2012
Woodhall Spa
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2004
I used to live, when contracting, in our a tag axle swift on a CL during the week and some weekends when the family came to visit me. I had a kipor 2.6 chained to the front wheel but no need as there was never that many visitors to the site. I wired one side of the van plugs to an inverter and left the others to the EHU connections.
My kipor never refused to start, it ran a microwave and the van and charged the batteries without fault. Like anything you purchase it could go wrong, I really couldn't justify buying a Honda.

Tim

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The reason we was thinking of a 2.6 is as and whan we have a power cut i can connect into our home for running our water pump etc, and as being only a few kgs heavier than the others, its better to have more power rather than less,Regards Alf.

I take it you know if you are connecting into your mains supply you need an isolator for your property otherwise you will be sending current down the mains backwards & could blow the gennie when the power comes back on!!! I would say this installation is definately a part 'P' also ?
Any other method of 'ahem' isolating the property is probably illegal:Eeek:

I have the Kipor2.6 and have run it for less than 6 hours & it was fine with my delicate electronics. I am thinking of selling it as I want a smaller gennie, but as you say it would be useful for powering the house in a cut.

OP
OP
alfandM

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I take it you know if you are connecting into your mains supply you need an isolator for your property otherwise you will be sending current down the mains backwards & could blow the gennie when the power comes back on!!! I would say this installation is definately a part 'P' also ?

I have the Kipor2.6 and have run it for less than 6 hours & it was fine with my delicate electronics. I am thinking of selling it as I want a smaller gennie, but as you say it would be useful for powering the house in a cut.

Thankyou for the advice, i am aware of the safety of house electrics , and fully understand them, our water pump is wired separate to and can be changed to a independent device at any given time, along with a few other components, and all are dully certificated to the standards of this country and this region, but again thank you for your advice,regards Alf

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
lucky you living in Sweden a beautiful country especially up north, Stockholm was my fav capital on my recent trip.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

2,6kva Kipor is rated at 2.2kw or a bit under 10amps.

I've used mine to power the house in a power outage and simply turned off the main switch in the house consumer unit, effectively isolating the incoming mains supply, and plugged into a 13amp wall socket which backfeeds into the breaker busbar.

just need to remember not to boil a kettle or use the oven or immersion heater.

not possible to get more than 10amps out of the gennie so the house ring main wiring was adequate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back