maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
.......... is one that tells you which fields currently have cattle in them.

Having twice in recent weeks been pursued too closely for my (and my dog's) liking by cows with calves and bullocks, I would love an app that lets me check my proposed footpath route for cattle before getting half way round only to discover a field full of them. :RollEyes:

From my farming days I seem to remember that every field is allocated a unique number (for subsidy payments). If farmers could have an easy way of notifying when cattle are moved into fields, then shouldn't this be possible? It would save an awful lot of trespassing by me and Nix as we try to find an alternative route round them. ::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It would also make it easier for rustlers, so why are you trespassing anyway, hee hee. whilst you may walk without a problem, a dog ensures you will be chased. Best keep to fenced footpaths.

Last edited:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Maz if you are ever in doubt let your dog go loose it will come to no harm and if they get close to you wave your arms hysterically.

The best way to attract them is with a portable radio they just do not appear to be able to resist music of any kind

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Maz if you are ever in doubt let your dog go loose it will come to no harm and if they get close to you wave your arms hysterically.

I do let Nix off the lead. Trouble is, she keeps running back towards me ......... :RollEyes:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
.......... is one that tells you which fields currently have cattle in them.

Having twice in recent weeks been pursued too closely for my (and my dog's) liking by cows with calves and bullocks, I would love an app that lets me check my proposed footpath route for cattle before getting half way round only to discover a field full of them. :RollEyes:

From my farming days I seem to remember that every field is allocated a unique number (for subsidy payments). If farmers could have an easy way of notifying when cattle are moved into fields, then shouldn't this be possible? It would save an awful lot of trespassing by me and Nix as we try to find an alternative route round them. ::bigsmile:

What a good idea - a Mobile Moo Movement app or MMM for short. Now where have I heard that acronym before? :winky:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have the old fashioned version of this here, i.e. all the cows have bells on. Trust me you know where they are from about 1km away, it works.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back