lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Had a free weekend so decided to head away for a couple of days just the two of us. Anyway we headed to St Mary's loch and the Tibbie shiels inn campsite.

The campsite its self is very basic but ideally situated in the middle of nowhere, but surrounded with stunning views and wildlife.

I would recommend this little site to anyone who has their own facilities as theirs are very basic although I witnessed them being cleaned 3 times a day. It cost us £10 a night and £15 if you want hook up which we didn't need. The guy who owns this site must be the most laid back person I have met which can be great but it was to the detriment of the site as it was slightly untidy and he just didn't bother. If he did bother then he could have one of the best sites we have been to. They also have a rule of no alcohol unless purchased in the pub.had a chat to him about this and he didn't mind folk having their own drink as long as they used pub also what he is trying to stop is folk coming for weekend and never visiting pub.

I have added an album if you want a look some pics may be upside down :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

On the way home we walked to Loch Skeen via Grey Mares Tail and it was well worth the walk.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Great pictures . Looks like the type of place we'd like to visit. Nice walks, pub , and somewhere to dip your toes ! Bookmarked:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Great pictures . Looks like the type of place we'd like to visit. Nice walks, pub , and somewhere to dip your toes ! Bookmarked:thumb:

Yes Bev I'd recommend it and its only 15 miles off the M74 so easy to get to, we did think while sitting there how it would be a nice place for an unofficial meet with like minded funsters. Just a relaxing weekend with a couple of nice walks.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Know what you mean about untidy sites Gerry, we went on a site near Chester the place was littered with half drunk cans of that Magniers witch piss, All the Boddingtons cans had been crushed to extract every last drop of the amber nectar.
Glad you had a good trip we are of up the coast for a couple of days today

dave & carol

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Getting closer to you Gerry as we are heading to Kendal later on today, as it is thundering and lightening in Todmorden we will have our Kipor on board

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Know what you mean about untidy sites Gerry, we went on a site near Chester the place was littered with half drunk cans of that Magniers witch piss, All the Boddingtons cans had been crushed to extract every last drop of the amber nectar.
Glad you had a good trip we are of up the coast for a couple of days today

dave & carol

Hi Dave

I think your getting a bit confused over your drinks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

have a nice trip and enjoy a nice cold Magners

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Getting closer to you Gerry as we are heading to Kendal later on today, as it is thundering and lightening in Todmorden we will have our Kipor on board

We might pass you on Thursday Alan as we are off on our hols then, will be leaving home about 4pm and heading down for the tunnel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back