Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I am going to buy this second hand bit of kit, I haven't a clue as the the worth or if they are good, any advice please.

Omnisat 54cm Portable Satellite Kit. Used, Good condition.
Kit consist of:
Omnisat Portable Satellite Dish with Folding LNB Arm and Easyfind LNB
Omnisat Tripod Stand
Omnisat Satellite Compass
Omnisat Satellite Finder
Omnisat Holdall
When used with a compatible satellite receiver, the 54cm dish makes up a complete kit for digital satellite reception and is even suitable for use in a tent or awning. The new elliptical 54cm dish, is equipped with a folding LNB arm for easily storing the dish in the holdall and comes with 10m of digital satellite cable and a universal LNB. Designed for use throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe.

Thanks for any comments :Smile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Where do you want to use it and how much are you paying ?

They are a good piece of kit but you could buy it all a lot cheaper off ebay.. So it needs to be a good price. 54cm can be good or bad, depends on where you will be...

tripod £25
Lnb easyfind £20
54cm fold arm dish £35
sat finder and compass £10
Cable and plugs. £12
Holdall, ??? do you need one.. :)

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
So, basically, just a second hand dish and tripod? About £10 - £15 max. (the other stuff is not really worth anything second hand)

Make sure you see it working before you part with any cash.

If your TV doesn't have built in satellite receiver then you'll need a 12v receiver box too (if you don't already have one).

The dish is big enough for UK use, how far out of the UK you'll be able to use it after this years is still open to speculation.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Where do you want to use it and how much are you paying ?

They are a good piece of kit but you could buy it all a lot cheaper off ebay.. So it needs to be a good price. 54cm can be good or bad, depends on where you will be...

tripod £25
Lnb easyfind £20
54cm fold arm dish £35
sat finder and compass £10
Cable and plugs. £12
Holdall, ??? do you need one.. :)

Sorry should have said, I am on a UK tour at the moment, started in Spain and now in Chester on Wednesday up to the lakes.

Last year in the UK the television worked off my roof arial, never thought about the TV change over, so thought it would work this year.......Nope!

So looked on net and found that bit of kit, with Sky HD box at £100 and will pick it up on my way to the lakes on Wednesday.

So it wasn't a case of look round for the best deal, it was can I buy it and collect on my route. We are on tour of England and Scotland for another 5 weeks and whilst we don't sit watching TV all the time, we thought during that 5 weeks we might miss it, so this seemed the best deal.

We will use it mostly in the UK, it is not important to use it in Spain, so that's not a problem, although I guess on future trips we might try and use it in France.

I just thought I would ask if they worked OK.

Thanks for the answers so far.:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you have an aerial on the van then Why not buy a cheap digital TV ... ??
Remember you have to re-tune a digital TV each time you move, so if you have one already are you getting confused by that..
£100 does not seem mega cheap,Sky boxes you can get easily for £15-20 plus remember they are main (unless the guy has the 12v version..If he does then that is a fair deal)

Its a pity your just a little to far past me. I have a 60cm system with a HD 12v receiver for sale at £40, only needs a tripod (£25)
Also a dreambox 12v receiver at £35..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billy23

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
If you have an aerial on the van then Why not buy a cheap digital TV ... ??
Remember you have to re-tune a digital TV each time you move, so if you have one already are you getting confused by that..
£100 does not seem mega cheap,Sky boxes you can get easily for £15-20 plus remember they are main (unless the guy has the 12v version..If he does then that is a fair deal)

Its a pity your just a little to far past me. I have a 60cm system with a HD 12v receiver for sale at £40, only needs a tripod (£25)
Also a dreambox 12v receiver at £35..

Thanks for your advice, retuned tele and it works fine ( never thought of that:Doh: ) I think I will still buy the kit though as it will " Come in" with my European receiver, pity I missed yours as I passed Cannock this morning...Oh well!!

Thanks again for you information and advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back