Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Just in case any of you are pondering whether to get an aftermarket cruise control fitted I finally got mine done on Friday by Dave Newell. What can I say, the customer care, the professionalism, the actual control unit itself...all superb. It looks as though it was a factory fit and works superbly well, I have had cruise previously on auto boxes so wasn't a complete stranger to the concept but in some ways this unit is actually better....it can be pre-programmed with 2 speeds and just the touch of a button takes the mh to that speed. My journey home today made a 150 mile drive a pleasure, no more aching leg and cramped backside. Well done Dave and thank you :thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What happens if you are stationary in a fast car and set the CC to 150mph?

Does putting the clutch in disable the CC?

If you are in an auto would it just accelerate straight to 150 mph?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Typical operating range for our CC systems is 20mph to 140mph so no it wouldn't zoom off if you hit a button while stationary. When the CC system accelelrates the vehicle it does so in a controlled, progressive and smooth way not just floor the throttle till the required speed is reached then back off. HTH.

To the OP, we're plleased you are happy with our service and work, enjoy your travels.
D.

OP
OP
Merle

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Typical operating range for our CC systems is 20mph to 140mph so no it wouldn't zoom off if you hit a button while stationary. When the CC system accelelrates the vehicle it does so in a controlled, progressive and smooth way not just floor the throttle till the required speed is reached then back off. HTH.

To the OP, we're plleased you are happy with our service and work, enjoy your travels.
D.

No no, not just happy...delighted:thumb::thumb::thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Must agree with Merle, Dave fitted CC to mine along with a Solar panel a short while ago, with similar results, very happy with the system and job in general. This was the second Dave has fitted for us and no problems at all. Cost- a bit over £300, a real bargain (CC) Solar panel was a labour-only job as I already had the panel. Don't forget mention MHF for a 5% discount.
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Good isn't he? He fitted ours and I love it. Incredible how much better a long drive is now. Cruise Control came as standard on the car but it rarely gets used but the M/H is a different matter. Makes driving it a real pleasure, best £300 ever spent.. Thanks again Dave.:thumb:

Wyn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back