Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our first trip to Europe in the new van will be starting Aug 11th. Our original plan was to start at Calais, drive down the East to Dijon, pick up the Loire and follow it along to the coast then up via Brittany and back to Calais.
But, my Daughter wants to come and stop with us for a few days on our second week. She will travel down to Lille on the Eurotunnel and we will meet her and stay on a nearby site till she goes back
So, we will still be starting from Calais and thought we would visit Belgium and Holland instead for the first week. So, what I am asking, eventually, is, has anybody got any interesting routes/ stopovers while in the Netherlands? They need to be dog friendly as we will have our two pooches with us all the time
Of course, she may decide not to visit, in that case we will revert to plan A!

Allan

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Not Holland but if it's of interest we stopped at Link Removedon the Belgium coast on the way back to Calais. 15 minute walk from the beach and a lively town centre with plenty of shops and places to eat. Only 15 minutes and one stop on the train for Bruges at about 6/8 euro return. Restaurant on the site and bread van in the morning, we paid 16 euros a night plus tax on the ACSI card but that was June so will be more in August. Have a great trip. :thumb:

Edit: I see there's a charge for showers on their website, we were given tokens for the 3 days we stayed.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Strepy-Thieu Boat Lift and the inclined plane at Ronquieres are worth a visit whilst in Belgium.

Limburg is Hollands most southerly province and very picturesque. We stayed a few days at

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
RecreNova Camping - Sterksel

We stayed here in April - beautiful well kept site, fantastic grounds, great for dog walking. Facilities second to none - the only site I've ever been on where the chemical disposal was indoors and had underfloor heating. Loved it - will be staying again on our journey back to the UK later this year.

Link Removed

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Willemstad is an old star shaped fortified town and the nearest campsite is Bovensluis a short cycle ride along the polder

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Hi Allen,

Zeeland (south west of The Netherlands) is very nice as well. Also loved by the Germans.

Can be busy during school-holidays (but which country isn't :ROFLMAO:)

Even a few free of charge camper-places :thumb:

If you want to go, give me your preferences and i will give you more information

Paul

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We stayed here in April - beautiful well kept site, fantastic grounds, great for dog walking. Facilities second to none - the only site I've ever been on where the chemical disposal was indoors and had underfloor heating. Loved it - will be staying again on our journey back to the UK later this year.

Link Removed

Blimey, I hope they had a good extraction system, I have to stand 6 feet away when I empty ours. :ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Last edited:
OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks all, some good ideas. We will probably use aires mostly but at least we have a few ideas for visits while we are there
Allan

Nov 21, 2011
Rugeley
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savanah
Exp
Since 2009
Allan,

We are visiting Holand during Aug, our plan is to meet our friends in Gronningen (we live in Germany) spend 3 nights there then travel to Den Helder for another 3 nights followed by Amsterdam for 4 nights, Arnhem for 2 nights and finishing in Maastrict have researched it pretty well and really looking forward to it. The dutch are so friendly and absoloutlly love camping. Good luck with your trip.

Tim ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back