LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We have a nice large cupboard in our new van but the trouble is you can't see anything inside as its so dark in there. Being too lazy to get some door switches and wire up some 12v lights, I came across these yesterday.

http://www.johnlewis.com/osram-nigh...003b5e05b9&s_kwcid=ppc_pla&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

I bought one and installed it, took all of 2mins:Smile: and it works perfectly. Comes on as soon as you open the door and switches off at either 10 or 60 seconds as you prefer.

Not that cheap but convenience never is (should read laziness...)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
be interesting to see battery life.

Even when not lit the motion sensor is active, drawing battery power.

Probably nothing more than a few milliamps so may not be too bad.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Asda do one half that price!
I've put them in the house near light switches that I can't find in the dark (garage, loft)

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

presto

Free Member
Jul 3, 2010
n Ireland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
The little lights on my wheels

We have those wee lights on our wheels (bought of Jim).We are just home after having a month in portugal with the family in a rented house and low and behold one of our lights is blinking.This might be a silly question does the tyre just need air or is there something wrong with the tyre,why did the other three not started blinking Doh: "Presto"

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We have those wee lights on our wheels (bought of Jim).We are just home after having a month in portugal with the family in a rented house and low and behold one of our lights is blinking.This might be a silly question does the tyre just need air or is there something wrong with the tyre,why did the other three not started blinking Doh: "Presto"

the pressure in the one tyre flashing has dropped. could be just down to heat or a leak/puncture. pump it up again and monitor it over a few days to see if it drops again etc

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I bought some like these, installed in seconds and batteries last for ages as its only on when the door is open. Just £6.95 for three!:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
When away this weekend I thought my cupboards where dark until I realised I still had my sunglasses on :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I bought a set of three touch led lights that you just stick on to a wall and touch them to come on. I can't remember where but I'm sure it was aldi or lidl I have one in the shed and one in a walk in cupboard at home.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I just went out and bought a van that had a light in the wardrobe::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Or you could do the job properly - I know the OP wanted the lazy way.

These LEDS ( enough for every nook and cranny in the MH and then some ) and a cabinet door switch or two. Open the door every corner is illuminated. Proper job.

( Could be cheaper with a full search )

Link Removed

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 led Drawer light unit . Just screw it inside the cupboard etc . When you open the door,
it lights up ... .Simple , (as the Merkat says) .....Only 99p . from Home Bargains .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back