Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
It's almost there, our Summer Hols 2013....:roflmto::Cool:
This has been a mad week, twice up and down to Bristol, especially today, left Tyneside at 5:30 am, back at 6pm, 600 mile round trip...:Sad:

Took the eldest daughter to the Airport at 4am yesterday morning, thankfully she made it to Korea, including changing Airports across Tokyo never mind just Terminals. Her first long haul journey on her own..... bless, she was so nervous...

Even had a new job offer....:whatthe:

But now it's our turn to chill. Van is ready, hopefully a leisurely run down to Dover tomorrow and then overnighting on Marine Parade and catching the 8am ferry to Dunkirk... Anyone else crossing then?

Then 5 and a bit weeks of hopefully Fun and good times with Mrs Callumwa & the boys on an unplanned itinerary round Europe...::bigsmile:
I'm thinking of doing a bit of a blog, is it easy, I believe you can do it on here, hopefully I can work it out....

HOLIDAYS...... Yaaaaahhhhhhhhh:Cool::Cool::thumb::thumb:

as Shakira said were, "Ready for the Good Times"....

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Wish it was me that's off to Europe .

Please do write as they provide a wealth of information to newbies like me.

Have fun!

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Have a good trip Callum & family, we had just 3 weeks and went to Lake Garda, through Belgium, Luxembourg (cheap fuel of course) Switzerland, very nice and Italy through San Gothard Tunnel, weather was fantastic, so hope you all have FUN:thumb: Keep us updated on your travels

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Have a good trip and, if possiblevinclude a trip to Puy du Fou - you won't regret it.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Well we had a good run down to Dover. No traffic problems at all:thumb:.

Now parked up on Marine Parade for the night, not many spaces left, plenty of motorhomes already parked up....

8am ferry in the morning......:Cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 29

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Not far from where we parked up the night of 20th June, seems so long ago now, have a good trip

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Well we had a good run down to Dover. No traffic problems at all:thumb:.

Now parked up on Marine Parade for the night, not many spaces left, plenty of motorhomes already parked up....

8am ferry in the morning......:Cool:

Mate your parked the wrong way round, everyone will get the jump on you in the mornin:winky:

Oops just seen the time, too late you've been jumped::bigsmile:

Ps. Have a great trip, not very jealous:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Crossed the channel in dense fog this morning . As soon as we drove off the ferry though we entered bright sunshine and clear blue skies.:thumb:

We slept well last night on Marine Parade, though at about 10pm we heard a thud at the back of the van. First thought was someone had bumped into our van. I went out, but there was no vehicle behind us and no one in sight. After having a good look I noticed that one of the clamps on the Fiamma bike rack, the one which you connect on the bike frame when loaded, was missing. The thud must have been someone pulling it off the arm. It must have been someone with a motorhome who took it as I can't think of any other uses for it. What a toerag...:Angry:

Never mind, we drove off the ferry and filled up the tank at Auchun, Dunkirk, the fuel warning light had just came on, so perfect timing, today's price €1.329 a litre, :thumb: We are now at Camping La Chaumiere, our traditional first night stop.

http://www.campinglachaumiere.com/

It's only about 6 miles from where I used to live but I never knew it existed then. € 22 for van + 2, but with the boys it's €34. It's a little gem of a quiet friendly site though, we love it here, small pool, fishing pond, kids play area, and Guy the "grumpy farmer" who owns it.. Seriously he's a nice guy and his wife Bernadette used to work at the vets in St Omer so if you have a dog needs sorting she can fix an appt for you...

But best of all the french fries in the restaurant here are to die for, simply delicieux............, we will be tucking in tonight....:thumb:

The kids are in the pool already... It's too hot in the van (32C inside, and 31C outside in the shade) )to be watching the cricket on Sky, so I'm at the bar with a cold one and listening to the cricket online. It's so warm though I shall be in the pool shortly..........:Cool::Cool:

::bigsmile::Cool:::bigsmile::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back