Travel insurance (1 Viewer)

V

vanessa

Deleted User
Wasn't really sure which category to put this under ...

Anyway, just thought I'd share a "find" with you all. Travel insurance, really affordable prices, and they insure ANY age REGARDLESS of pre-existing conditions!! I'm not sure about world-wide coverage, as I only needed to enquire regarding my parents who were visiting us here in France.

I got the pair of them covered, both in their 80s and my dad has serious heart problems along with a few other health issues - for a grand total of €120 - that's around £84, for a 3-week stay.

To put this into perspective, last year the only people I could find who would insure them was Saga - and they charged nearly £600 for 2-weeks-worth of the same cover!!!!!!

Who are they? ExclusiveHealthcare.com. Might be worth a try, especially for those of you who only ever holiday in France.

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:frowny: Never bothered with Travel Insurance. They would not cover for pre-existing aliments. :Mad:

:Mad: What's the point of having cover?

OP
OP
V

vanessa

Deleted User
This one WILL. They don't ask questions, all they care about is that you have an EHIC (the modern equivalent of the E111), and how long you will be here! I found it very refreshing.

My father's health is so fragile I would not entertain having them here without insurance - he could need transporting back in an air ambulance ... or a coffin:RollEyes:, either of which would bankrupt us!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
This one WILL. They don't ask questions, all they care about is that you have an EHIC (the modern equivalent of the E111), and how long you will be here! I found it very refreshing.

My father's health is so fragile I would not entertain having them here without insurance - he could need transporting back in an air ambulance ... or a coffin:RollEyes:, either of which would bankrupt us!!
Vanessa,

I think you will find they only cover French nationals and visiters to France.:Smile:

That's OK if you just visit France but some of us wander a little bit further.

Don

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
:frowny: Never bothered with Travel Insurance. They would not cover for pre-existing aliments. :Mad:

:Mad: What's the point of having cover?

John,

One of our friends thought along your lines until he had to find £12,000 to fly his mother home from Spain in an Air Ambulance.

Don

OP
OP
V

vanessa

Deleted User
Don Madge, I did say in the original posting I wasn't sure if they covered anywhere other than France ... Still, might be useful to those who "just" tour France.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back