LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Hi, I read with interest in the 'garage' section that a member going by the name of Jay has had the fuel ecu on a fiat Ducato 2.8 2005 remapped. Having had this done to other vehicle's that I have had, can I find any reports any where done by others that I can read please. I would pm jay but don't know which one it is.
Steve

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You will find quite a few members on here have been remapped I am sure some of the will be along shortly to tell you about it

monk

Free Member
Aug 15, 2011
Fairburn North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Hi, I read with interest in the 'garage' section that a member going by the name of Jay has had the fuel ecu on a fiat Ducato 2.8 2005 remapped. Having had this done to other vehicle's that I have had, can I find any reports any where done by others that I can read please. I would pm jay but don't know which one it is.
Steve

Hi just to let you know I had my Ducato 130 multie jet remapped which gave me a increase to 155 bhp and a better fuel consumption by 8 mpg :thumb:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
I have had all 3 of my motorhomes re-mapped.

1) cheap remap on a 2-0 fiat (2003) ebay job- went like stink, but boy used some juice and squirted some black smoke out. But it did cure the problem of lack of performance.

2) 2-8 JTD (2005) proper remap by WOW, worked a treat, much more power and a marginal increase in MPG.

3) 2.3 Sevel chasis (2008) made one hell of a difference. runs so much sweeter, have had at least 15-20% increase in economy. Once again done by WOW.

If the van I had (which all 3 have been) was underpowered, I would not hesitate in doing it again. :thumb:

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We met a fellow motorhomer in France last week who recommended engine mapping so we are going to look in to it. I guess the price varies but can anyone give me an approximate idea of cost. We currently get around 23mpg and struggled to get far in the Pyrenees last week as the engine was having none of it. We ended up much lower down the mountain than we had planned to watch the TDF. Would really like to reach the Col de Menté next year so maybe mapping will give us the extra oomph we needed. Also can we get it done at the Lincoln rally? :Cool:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
We met a fellow motorhomer in France last week who recommended engine mapping so we are going to look in to it. I guess the price varies but can anyone give me an approximate idea of cost. We currently get around 23mpg and struggled to get far in the Pyrenees last week as the engine was having none of it. We ended up much lower down the mountain than we had planned to watch the TDF. Would really like to reach the Col de Menté next year so maybe mapping will give us the extra oomph we needed. Also can we get it done at the Lincoln rally? :Cool:

around about 250-300 for a remap. Wow tuning used to hit the shows but not seen them for a while, others are normally there and do it at the show.

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Excellent, will probably get it done at the show. Are they all good and trustworthy do you know or do we have to be careful who we use? :thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
the ones at the shows tend to be good and decent.

There are bad remaps though, do your homework when warners publish their list of traders for Lincoln.

monk

Free Member
Aug 15, 2011
Fairburn North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011

We used a company called Remap and the come to my home and did it on my driveway at a cost of £200 :thumb:

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Steve

Sorry I did not reply last night but was unable to get online.
Had it done locally by Power4economy, he used to work for TB turbos, very satisfied.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just a word of caution
Had ours done by WOW and have burnt out 2 clutches since and I know Jaygee as well as several others have had the same problem. The increase in torque is very noticeable but it is at the cost of mpg ours does about 2 or 3mpg less. For the increase in torque and performance that would be acceptable bit the clutch problem isn't. Have written to WOW but been ignored but intend to sort it when I get back to the UK next week. Apparently they will remove it or reduce the power slightly. Watch this space!!

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
When I had my M/H remapped last week, I was told that many remaps increase power and torque across all the rev range, beginning from tick over, that's why clutches get wrecked, too much power too soon, instead of increasing the torque progressively to prevent clutch abuse.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When I had my M/H remapped last week, I was told that many remaps increase power and torque across all the rev range, beginning from tick over, that's why clutches get wrecked, too much power too soon, instead of increasing the torque progressively to prevent clutch abuse.

So who did yours??

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
So who did yours??
Mine was done by an representative of ProTune, a nationwide company with area reps, mine was done by Oliver Wilkinson in Norfolk, but he does travel a lot, he says sometimes putting right other companies faulty remaps.
He says that he will offer custom remaps for Funsters for £299 all in, normally £350.

I posted last week about my experiences for more information.
oliver@protuning.co.uk
www.protune-ecu-remapping.co.uk
Hope this helps :thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
As Rory said, had to get my clutch replaced soon after,if you read my post on the subject of remapping you will get the full story.
In a nut shell after a WoW remap a very noticeable increase in power all through the range.
I now have to accelerate gently from stationary and be very aware of the extra power,fine if im the only one to drive it!! but would not be without that extra power.
Looking back i should have got more details and got a torque/rpm graph to evaluate which company to use for the best

Tony

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Mine was done by an representative of ProTune, a nationwide company with area reps, mine was done by Oliver Wilkinson in Norfolk, but he does travel a lot, he says sometimes putting right other companies faulty remaps.
He says that he will offer custom remaps for Funsters for £299 all in, normally £350.

I posted last week about my experiences for more information.
oliver@protuning.co.uk
www.protune-ecu-remapping.co.uk
Hope this helps :thumb:

I was asked what I was looking for from the remap, I replied that I wanted more torque in the upper gears, ie, 4th 5th &6th which is what I received, pulling away from rest is only slightly more lively than before, but is noticeable, some people may want more than I received, but I'm sure it won't wreck my clutch.
Fuel economy is yet to be assessed.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
anyone heard of or used ECO POWER TUNING believe they are a national franchise and the nearest co that do remapping to me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back