Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Help my outside water cap to the tank has stuck, i unlock it and it just keeps turning around and will not come out.....i cannot fill the tank and not sure how to get the cap out....any suggestions please :cry:

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Have you tried locking it the turning it ???

Normally they seize up and just undo as it's only the spinning that locks them on.

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Help my outside water cap to the tank has stuck, i unlock it and it just keeps turning around and will not come out.....i cannot fill the tank and not sure how to get the cap out....any suggestions please :cry:

yes ive been doing that today, its just not working.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Have you tried pushing it in before you turn it? Could be something has seized a bit.

If it still won't come out maybe the only way is to drill out the lock. Replacement caps aren't all that dear if it does come to it.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I can come and have a look if you like - I will be up the unit late this evening preparing a customers motorhome, you are welcome to pop by and I can take it off for you (St Stephen area)

OP
OP
Queenie

Queenie

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
yeah i might take you up on that I'm in Newquay, i could pop over tomorrow, if your around....thanks:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
yeah i might take you up on that I'm in Newquay, i could pop over tomorrow, if your around....thanks:Smile:

No worries! Should be there most of the day tomorrow as I have a towbar to do, and the owner of a motor home coming from Exeter to collect it, so definitely be there! PM you the details.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I've had this problem the way I sorted it out is, I think, I held the cover in the locked position inserted the key and unlocked it but kept the cover in the locked position then turned it left to unlock. Hope you get it sorted, once I got mine off I replaced it with a cover that does not lock, one with a male water inlet in it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back