Free Member
Jul 4, 2013
sunderland
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbiw
I posted a thread yesterday about an autotrail I was looking at as the speedo was in kph & the engine, for a 2.8 felt a bit flat.
I had hoped for a bit of help & advice, as the "subscribing pitch" said thats what is provided, but nothing so far.
Maybe I'm expecting too much, or this is not he forum for me?

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Hey fella, relax.

We are all keen motorhomers, and help when and where we can. It is very rare not to get a response, and I for one did not spot your post.

Try bumping it and see if that helps.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I posted a thread yesterday about an autotrail I was looking at as the speedo was in kph & the engine, for a 2.8 felt a bit flat.
I had hoped for a bit of help & advice, as the "subscribing pitch" said thats what is provided, but[HI] nothing so far.[/HI]Maybe I'm expecting too much, or this is not he forum for me?

Quote from your post......."well impressed !"

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
I can only speak for myself and the fact is I dont look at the forum every day and I certainly dont check every post. Even when I do It is not often I can help as I dont tend to give advice unless I am sure of my facts.
What I do know is that this forum has some very informed, helpful,friendly members, not to mention quite a few nutcases::bigsmile: so be patient not sarcastic, and someone will be along to guide you.
Now to the question. I know nothing about the vehicle you mention but have owned a ducato based coachbuilt with the 2.8 engine. Mine was fine (for me) all I can say is if you are not happy, walk away, there are thousands of motorhomes out there and you, as the buyer are "in the driving seat" see what I did there!!
Most people will agree that the 2.8 fiat engine is a fine motor so unless its been really neglected it should be fine. You didn't mention if it is turbo or not cos if it isnt then it will feel gutless..
That is the best I can do.
Good luck.
C

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome it's unusual not to get a reply wherever you post, I can only assume all the funsters were out enjoying the sun while it lasted ::bigsmile:try answering your own post that puts it back to the top where someone will pick up on your question
Terry

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HiGF further to mylast post you say kph , you may have to fit a mph speedo.The 2.8 should pull like a train but bare in mind you will be running close to the 3.5 t limit all the time so it may not feel as fast as a empty van
Terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

grin factor

Free Member
Jul 4, 2013
sunderland
Funster No
MH
don't own one yet
Exp
i'm a newbiw
A genuine thanks for the replies. The sarcasm was probably due to the fact that we are keen to get a MH and wanted to make our minds up asap on this one. As it stands we have given it a lot of thought, and it doesn't feel right, so not this time.
Cheers

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
You may want to try hiring one for a week or two.The best way to find out what you want/need or not is to live in it ! Above all. Keep Grinnin'!!::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As it stands we have given it a lot of thought, and it doesn't feel right, so not this time.
Cheers

Much better to think "it might have worked" than "what the hell are we going to do with this pile of poo".

You are buying a tiny home on wheels, it's not a trivial exercise. Full of compromises, get them wrong and you be just plain miserable in it.

Think cooking a good meal. Think of pouring rain and freezing cold. Will it cope ?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back