LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Been a member for some time and now I am thinking of cancelling. They have recently sent me an e-mail with 'special membership offers' on books, which I could get on Amazon cheaper.

Is there any benefit in maintaing a membership?

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
We have kept our C.C. membership up
for a couple of reasons. E.H.U. is a must
for me, to run my medical equipment.
Also we have found the sites we have
used have all been absolutely spotless,
showers,toilets etc. What you pay for
membership, you soon get back if you use
the sites regularly.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

S

stagman

Deleted User
We have kept our C.C. membership up
for a couple of reasons. E.H.U. is a must
for me, to run my medical equipment.
Also we have found the sites we have
used have all been absolutely spotless,
showers,toilets etc. What you pay for
membership, you soon get back if you use
the sites regularly.:thumb:

I would totally agree with you.But there are other issues like getting special Ferry deals cheaper doing it yourself ,also I find special offers to cc members listed in the mag way over priced,Here is a web site for you to check out yourselfs search through loads of offers inc Ferry discounts My Voucher Codes - Free Voucher Codes, Discount Codes, Promotional Codes and Money Off Coupons

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
My guess is that on books they outsource the operation so there are two cuts to be taken. They featured my book, got the same discount as Amazon from the publisher, but had to sell it at a higher price so both parties made some money. Either that or you're right and they're being a bit greedy. Buy your books from Amazon through this site and put some money back into the FUN :Smile:

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
We are great fans of the caravan club, been members for 30 years and have had lots of good times and made many friends through rallying with the various centres, we use them for all of our foreign travel especially the Red Penant travel insurance. We would not dream of giving up our membership as long as we have our motorhome. Thats our choice and each to their own.:Smile:

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
I have been a member for quite a number of years. But I dont consider it a club anymore its just a business.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We were members of BOTH clubs until went out to tour the USA & Canada where we still are.

On our return with our American RV I shall have a very careful look at BOTH clubs again to see if any have improved their views on accommodating the larger motor homes other wise it would be money down the drain. :helptitanic:

Yes, there may be a number of CL's & CS's that could accommodate us but if my memory serves me right these locations are not identified in either clubs hand book of locations?

The B.P.G on the other hand will be at the top of my shopping list.:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I would totally agree with you.But there are other issues like getting special Ferry deals cheaper doing it yourself ,also I find special offers to cc members listed in the mag way over priced,Here is a web site for you to check out yourselfs search through loads of offers inc Ferry discounts My Voucher Codes - Free Voucher Codes, Discount Codes, Promotional Codes and Money Off Coupons

wth regard to the caravan club and ferry bookings.
if you book direct with norfolk lines you CAN make some amendments(it says you cant:Angry:) free of charge:thumb: but..............
if you book through the caravan club they will charge a tenner each time.:Eeek:

norfolk lines will not entertain any enquiry if you booked through an 'agent' ie- caravan club. you must go back to the agent.

john.

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
For us wrinklies the C & CC is a better buy purely for the age concession prices which save a considerable amount nightly taken over a four-week stay, and the camping miles stamps for free nights (only one per stay, sadly). Having said that, we remain members of both clubs, I just wish they'd amalgamate and give us all a better deal

Jan

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I used the CC to book our ferry crossings this April with Norfolkline, £58 return with CC, £98 if booked online with Norfolkline, same times and dates.

Arrived early at Dover for Outbound journey (6am) and they put us on the 4am at no charge,

Arrived Dunkerque for Return journey (23.59) and they put us on the 20.00 for no charge.

We use quite a few of their sites, especially Sheepcote Valley at Brighton and can't usually fault them, The Beacon, St Agnes, Cornwall was abit of a let down though.

As you can guess, I think the CC offers good value for money.

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
re cc

Been a member for some time and now I am thinking of cancelling. They have recently sent me an e-mail with 'special membership offers' on books, which I could get on Amazon cheaper.

i am afraid i have to agree i have not found any deals or bargains in cc have cancelled.can get better deals on telephone or internet

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
re cc

i am afraid i have to agree i have not found any deals or bargains in cc have cancelled.can get better deals on telephone or internet. blackie

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Estcres

As an ex-warden of St Agnes Beacon Caravan Club Site - I just have to query your statement about the "Beacon", St Agnes being a bit of a letdown.

I have no problem with your statement as it stands (each site is suited to different personalities) but I should point out that "The Beacon" is a privately owned Caravan site located immediately next door to St Agnes Beacon Caravan Club Site.

The owner, John Saule, should not lose potential customers by your possible mis-naming of his site - and I trust you actually went into the Caravan Club site and not into the privately owned site next door :Eeek:

Last edited:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I am in both cc and c&cc clubs, reason to have the option of using their sites and to be fair I am happy with both clubs. The sites that actually belong to the clubs I have found to be well kept, clean and friendly. I think the membership is worth that for that reason alone.

Lampie:thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi Mo & Dick,

I have just checked the CC web page about the actual site name and they call it St. Agnes Beacon, St. Agnes.

I apologise if anyone thinks I was refering to the private site at the Beacon, my comments are based on my experience at the CC site.

I used to live in St. Agnes, 2 doors away from the Driftwood Spars Hotel, in Quay Road, (were the murder took place in about 1966-67!!!!!)

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
does the cam belt need changing?

I have only recently purchased my first motorhome, a Hymer 544k first registered in jan 02 with 23,000 miles on the clock. Do you think I should change the cam belt or has it got many more miles/years before it is ready? Dont know the first thing about cam belts as you can probably tell, but have read quite a few threads where it seems to be the main topic of conversation!! Anything else I should be considering changing/replacing on a vehicle of this age? Thanks in advance for your help.

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
seem to have put my message in the wrong section! Sorry, Ill get the hang of this, couldnt see anywhere to start a new question!

potjoe

Free Member
Aug 27, 2007
Telford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
two year
Hi All,Having been in both clubs now only in the caravan and camping club Y well prices, plus winter can go with CC club Carefree and thats v good.yes must go with Jan penreigh/Blackie as well on this one.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Hi Estcres

You say you lived in Quay Road where the 1966-7 murder took place - is that why you left :Eeek::Eeek:

Are they still looking for you or is the heat off now? :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for clarifying theBeacon/St Agnes Beacon situation - John Saule is a good man and I got on well with him. Guess "Giant Bolster" wouldn't be too happy either - upsetting the locals!

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Hi Mo & Dick,

When I went back in 2006 hence my stay at the site, I didn't see any wanted posters. :ROFLMAO:

Both barrells from a shotgun, theres nothing like a wifes vengence.:Angry:

C

Caravanning

Deleted User
For what you pay each year, we wouldn't be without them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back