Which would you choose, CC &C or CC and why? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We are going to be spending a lot more time in UK - until December and want to join a camping club rather than going on the big sites, like Haven.

So which one and why?

All advice gratefully received.

Ginny and Mike

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
We are in both, use them to get deals when on offer i.e. CCC 30% off in Scotland from mid August when kids go back to school.

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
As previous post we are members of both c&cc give over 55 discount out of peak season have stayed on really good sites for £15 and both have the small 5 vans sites at about £10 night incl elec

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Cc & ccc

Hi

I have been a CC member and am a member now of the CCC. I fell out with the CC because I had 'phoned to book, said I had a 29 foot motorhome and was told it was fine. I got there - and they had pitches free - but not large enough for the unit! It seems that by being able to choose any pitch you like on arrival, there might not be one large enough for your unit when you get there, as pitch allocation is a free for all.

The CCC however has never cocked this up though, so I am sticking with the CCC

Russell

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
camping and caravan

were in camping and caravan club go away every weekend on rallies from 5 pound a nightsome really good places ripon racecourse alnwick corbridge to name a few all these are in walking sistance to pubs shops etc we think its good value

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Snap:thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
C&CC for us too. Apart from one grumpy warden at Glencoe we have always been happy with their sites. Although having said that we are leaning more wnd more towards small CS and independent sites.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We are in both, use them to get deals when on offer i.e. CCC 30% off in Scotland from mid August when kids go back to school.

And the Midges take over? :winky:

Link Removed

C&CC for us, CC tuggers club

Last edited:

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We are going to be spending a lot more time in UK - until December and want to join a camping club rather than going on the big sites, like Haven.

So which one and why?

All advice gratefully received.

Ginny and Mike

Prefer C&CC, as the CS sites take tents as well. This gives a much broader cross section of society and, often, much larger fields.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We are in both but prefer Caravan Club , it has in my opinion a greater choice of sites which are generally of very good quality and not expensive :thumb:

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
In both. Also in britstops. With cc & ccc we have found the cc can be a bit more regimented but always a good standard. Ccc has always been ok and seems a bit more relaxed. Just depends what you want. Cheap or guaranteed high standard. Some private sites can be really good as well. Come to Scotland. Loads of good sites.:Smile::Smile::Smile:
Land of the Wimbledon champion 2013:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Like others we are in both, but for preference we go with CCC, the fact that you do not need to book for their summer holiday rallies makes a big difference.
For instance following on from the Fun rally at Malvern., they have a rally running at Gigrin Farm at. Rhayader which is a Red Kite feeding station with up to 100 Kites. Coming in for feeding, also brilliant cycle rides along the dams.

Also a folk group rally at Twyn good location, and the fact that they don't need pre booking means that you can make your mind up at the last minute.

May 13, 2012
West Mids
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 6-2
Exp
since 2012
we are still newbies but so far we like the C&CC
they dont seem as stuck up as the CC and the pitches seem (in general) more "relaxed"

I have noticed more chippy vans on the CC sites

1 will get my coat

Scarrow

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
Crawley Down, Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
18th August 2012
Hi

I have been a CC member and am a member now of the CCC. I fell out with the CC because I had 'phoned to book, said I had a 29 foot motorhome and was told it was fine. I got there - and they had pitches free - but not large enough for the unit! It seems that by being able to choose any pitch you like on arrival, there might not be one large enough for your unit when you get there, as pitch allocation is a free for all.

The CCC however has never cocked this up though, so I am sticking with the CCC

Russell

I also had the same problems with CC. Only used them twice and both times had issues with the pitches. They have my MH details the same as CCC. So I do not understand why the CC wardens look in a state on shock when Booking In.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Both also. Had a couple of issues but over the last 20 years find them both much the same, gives you a bigger selection of sites, CL's and CS's to choose from.

Rgds
Bill

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
A a newbie we currently have both, but have only used the CC CL's at the moment. We like the CL's, no more than 5 vans, and unlike C+CC no undetermined number of tents, which suits us. So the people numbers on the sites we choose are very small. Next year we will drop the C+CC and maybe try brit stops or similar.

I think it all depends on what you want. Some members have mentioned with C+CC you don't need to book for rallies, which would be of no interest to me, but hugely important to others. CC managed sites also have a bad rep, due to sometimes over officious wardens and to me appear stupidly expensive...again, we don't use them, but useful as a one night admin replen.

Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
One really big difference is the fact that the CC don't ask for a deposit, which at first appears to be better, but this encourages booking just to get a pitch then they don't turn up but go somewhere else.

A CC rally marshal once told me that they wait until the new season starts and then book a pitch for every weekend they want but may not go to them all. :Angry: No shows are a real problem for us all.

Sounds like they are a bit selfish to me,but that's CC tuggers for you.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Personly , don't think you need either of them, plenty sites about and you can even stop on their sites for a bit extra, mind they are dear enough to start with, plus the £40 up front

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
We are o in both at the moment, but will not renew CC this year. CCC give discounts for over 55s in low and mid season which saves quite a bit. Another reason is that the CC have changed how they want you positioned on the pitch, which often means it is impossible to put a decent sized awning up without incurring the wrath of the wardens, OK for caravans but not for MH

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We were new to motorhoming last year and joined the CC and have not ended up using any of the sites, we were limited to weekends and each time we tried they were fully booked. They couldnt match any insurance quotes and the one time I tried to book a ferry online there was a glitch, not in fact their fault apparently but LD lines. Have not joined either this year but might try CCC next year especially as we will both be 55 plus then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back