Avtex support / repairs ??? (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Has anyone any experience of getting an Avtex tv/ /dvd repaired?
cheers
David :Sad:

I had a problem with mine, the DVD was sticking (in warranty period), rang customer services, they sent out a courier to collect it and it was delivered with a new drive fitted two days later, fantastic service:thumb::thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We haven't had any problems with the Avtex tv since we got it, but we did have to get the Avtex portable satellite re-tuned. Avtex told us that the BBC had altered the satellite codes during the Olympics, so we had to have ours re-programmed shortly after we bought it.
Avtex collected the satellite from us by courier on the Monday, it arrived with them in Cardiff on Tuesday and it was then returned to us by courier on the Wednesday.
As far as I know the tvs and the satellites are repaired from the same place in Cardiff and their after-sales/service gets very good reviews.:thumb:
Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We found Avtex to have fantastic customer service. We had a fault with the DVD which they arranged to collect the tV and the repair and return within a week.

A further fault occurred and after discussion they replaced the TV!

I do not know any other company that would do this!

The TV was within the warranty period.

The TV is a fantastic product they win all round!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Very good customer service indeed, but the prices charged are extermely high for out of warranty repairs..
The psu died in mine at about 15 months ( yes, I know under EU law I could have pushed the point but I did not buy it from a 'usual retailer' so it would have been problematic )
Cost of repair was £149.. I told em to keep it for spares and bought something that was cheaper, bigger, has more features and has lasted a lot longer !! ( a Cello,, actually made in Britain too ! )

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Very good customer service indeed, but the prices charged are extermely high for out of warranty repairs..
The psu died in mine at about 15 months ( yes, I know under EU law I could have pushed the point but I did not buy it from a 'usual retailer' so it would have been problematic )
Cost of repair was £149.. I told em to keep it for spares and bought something that was cheaper, bigger, has more features and has lasted a lot longer !! ( a Cello,, actually made in Britain too ! )

We too bought a Cello for the bigger screen in the new van but the sound quality is poor, sounds tinny compared with the Avtex. I've seen it mentioned on some of the reviews but not sure if there's a fix.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have been looking at getting a TV for the new (used) motorhome we are about to take delivery of. The Avtex seem to be the ones in all of the caravan shops and the picture looks good, but then it should because of the smaller screen and same resolution. The problem is they are very expensive when compared with others.

So is it worth it? Or are there just as good 12v/240v ones out there (Amazon etc) that are half the price?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Re Cello sound... Yup found the same to start with but after we fiddled with it for a while and went in to all the menus it was fine :thumb:
Love the picture quality, love the ability to record tv..

me, after my experience with Avtex, I would never buy another.. Too expensive, not reliable, and too expensive to get fixed when they fail

But of course for every horror story like mine there will be ten feel good stories :winky:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I have been looking at getting a TV for the new (used) motorhome we are about to take delivery of. The Avtex seem to be the ones in all of the caravan shops and the picture looks good, but then it should because of the smaller screen and same resolution. The problem is they are very expensive when compared with others.

So is it worth it? Or are there just as good 12v/240v ones out there (Amazon etc) that are half the price?

Things to consider are picture quality, viewing angle, sound quality and makers support
:thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I had a problem with mine, the DVD was sticking (in warranty period), rang customer services, they sent out a courier to collect it and it was delivered with a new drive fitted two days later, fantastic service:thumb::thumb:

Same here

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Avtex

Also used their service centre. Great service collected next day they examined and found major vault. TV well out of warranty but no problem offered big discount on new TV which brought the change over to a good price, threw in 5 year warranty away we went.

Deleted User
Have just had our avtex repaired, fitted a new dvd player, collected and returned within 48 hours. Good service only downside was the price £102.000

spongy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back