Electrolux AES fridge problem (1 Viewer)

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, all does anyone know where I can get a burner and jet for my Electrolux RM5405 Type C40/110 Fridge. It takes ages to fire up on gas with several little "explosions" before it does. I imagine the burner & jet need replacing. As its a Fridge-out job I would like to be able to replace the parts in one go as it were rather than do the job twice.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I get my bits from BJ Leisure in Shelford Notts, he has an ebay shop and does post Phone no 01159333645 :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Merle

Free Member
Mar 31, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2008
Umm, excuse my ignorance re your make/model but most fridges can be serviced via the external vents....are you sure it' s a fridge out? I know of one multi site dealership who claim they have to be taken out but that is b...... to inflate an already expensive hab check

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi, all does anyone know where I can get a burner and jet for my Electrolux RM5405 Type C40/110 Fridge. It takes ages to fire up on gas with several little "explosions" before it does. I imagine the burner & jet need replacing. As its a Fridge-out job I would like to be able to replace the parts in one go as it were rather than do the job twice.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:
We have an earlier Electrolux AES fridge/freezer, and we get our spares by mail order from Ashbridge Domestics They used to be members on here (might still be) and on FACTS.

Using the details from the label, on the inside wall of the fridge, I ordered spares on the Monday, and they were here for the Tuesday afternoon, and fitted by the Wednesday morning. Excellent service. :thumb:

HTH,

Jock. :Smile:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Look under Dometic for Electrolux

I like these guys for their exploded diagrams of all the fittings. Deliveries nearly always next day.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Umm, excuse my ignorance re your make/model but most fridges can be serviced via the external vents....are you sure it' s a fridge out? I know of one multi site dealership who claim they have to be taken out but that is b...... to inflate an already expensive hab check

Some can be done in situ but quite a few need to be removed, Swifts are very good at putting the lower vent too high up so you can't get to the burner in situ.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
davejen

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992

Hi, Merle, unfortunately it has to come out- see Dave Newells post.
Cheers, Dave:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back