Taking the ducks on holiday !!! (1 Viewer)

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Was on CCC site at Milton Keynes yesterday when guy set up his caravan next to me, never seen so much stuff come out of a car before. But too the point of the story once he was set up he produced a pail which he filled with water then put a plastic boat in it then he arranged his family of 5 plastic ducks in a row leading to the pail
What's that all about !!! Is it a caravan special code ??

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Someone who can't cope with bills!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Was on CCC site at Milton Keynes yesterday when guy set up his caravan next to me, never seen so much stuff come out of a car before. But too the point of the story once he was set up he produced a pail which he filled with water then put a plastic boat in it then he arranged his family of 5 plastic ducks in a row leading to the pail
What's that all about !!! Is it a caravan special code ??

There's nowt stranger than folk!! Plastic ducks in a bucket? We're on the CC site at Lower Wensleydale and there's ducks........real ducks, all over the place. We had a pair of mallards waddle to the door just as we were setting up. Went out for a wander round the site tonight and there's rabbits everywhere as well.
Come to think of it, the caravan next to us has plastic flowers that light up in a bucket:RollEyes: Perhaps it's some type of "caravan art":Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I can remember us taking the children's hamster away on holiday years ago when they were young:roflmto: It was to a static caravan in Strete, south Devon, we couldn't get anyone to look after it:Doh:
And we also took two guinea pigs up to Scotland on holiday another year........the things we do to keep the children happy::bigsmile:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
I think it must be a Milton Keynes thing.

When we used to have a narrowboat there was a couple in MK who kept a real pet duck in a cage on top of their boat.:Eeek:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I remember at Malvern a few years back, walked past a motorhome in the car park and did a double-take at a Parrot perched on the steering wheel watching the world go by! :thumb:

Might be a member on here - you never know!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Swingers code - hell no but I am taking my pelican on holiday and it will chase the ducks away

Here you go

Nothing like a pelican

Attachments

• rainbow pelican.jpg
    rainbow pelican.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 10

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Feeling a bit persecuted here - Gail, I must park away from you at Waldegraves:winky:

Nothing wrong with ducks - I sail a performance dinghy and tow a duck on a length on line before and after every race. Gets a bit scary when others try and "take out" the duck..... Only two have succeeded so far and nobody has taken my rudder out either.

When doing a championships, the look on the committee boat staff as we pass them is invariably priceless. All good fun.

Completely normal to have plastic ducks - got about 10 in the van as we now collect the small ones; the boat one is a larger shooting decoy

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
It`s a " Tugger" thing :Eeek:

I have seen them before performing on sites, it is a well practiced/routine/art .

When they have had their prescribed therapy ,they then buy a MH , then start on a different set of strange routines:ROFLMAO:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Maybe I'd better hide my duck collection, or you lot will think that I am weird..... or even worse, a tugger.

Mind you, sometimes I think it is a prerequisite for being on here, the way that some threads go..........:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back