Summer chill out Meet 20-22 June (1 Viewer)

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
It would appear there seems to be a gap in the calendar for the above date.

There are plenty of pitches available at the moment and the site is RV friendly.

Can we ascertain if there is any interest in having a meet here.

The price for this particular weekend is £14.10 per night including hook up - all pitches are hardstanding. (This is a caravan and camping club site so the price quoted takes your discount into account).

Interests please as soon as possible so that we can get the ball rolling on this.

Quote:
A most attractive level and terraced site with spacious pitches, situated on the quieter, southern edge of the Peak District with some of the best views and walks in the region. An ideal site for families and those who want to enjoy the Peak District without the crowds.
You'll want to take advantage of some of the best walking and most dramatic views in the Peak District. Tittesworth Reservoir and nature reserve is just a short walk away. The town of Leek with its splendid Victorian buildings, cobbled streets and selection of mill shops is only 3 miles away. Titterworth Reservoir (1 mile) offers an adventure playground, fishing, nature reserve and a sensory garden for the blind and partially sighted. Only twenty minutes' drive from Buxton, Bakewell and Hartington, you are well placed for visits to the world famous Wedgwood, Spode and Royal Doulton potteries as well as the Silk Mill in Macclesfield.

Why not take a leisurely barge trip along the Caldon Canal, or you can opt for a steam train ride from Cheddleton or a family day out to Alton Towers (9m) where you can experience the 'white knuckle rides' amongst the other attractions on offer here.

Directions
From Buxton on A53 - site on L in abt 9m (200yds past Blackshaw Moor sign).
From Leek on A53 - site on R ¼m past Three Horseshoes Inn on L.
Note: no late night arrivals area.
End quote

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Raoul, what are you doing home already, you didn't fail that assessment did you:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes but don't do anything for the minute lets just see what interest we get. I think we are going anyway.

Come on you lot, put your tea trays down and post your interest:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The pub is only 200 yards away and the bbq is even closer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bryan can I put your names down??

37.8 foot RV is no problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Suzy

Yes we came to the agreement of that on the phone as she will need your membership number for you to claim the discount. You must tell her you have an RV because RV's get the allocated spaces. Other motorhomes can choose when they arrive where they want to go.

So that's 3 of us so far.

Any more??

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Lyndon

Oh go on then - I think there's room. Remember to tell the site that you have an RV though. Your pitch will be reserved.

Ok so at this point I will ring the site and then I will put this on the calendar.

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
Hi Lyndon

Oh go on then - I think there's room. Remember to tell the site that you have an RV though. Your pitch will be reserved.

Ok so at this point I will ring the site and then I will put this on the calendar.

the site is only 30 mins from were we live .roads to leek can be narrow.leek is a very nice town in the day a little diferent at night

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
hi pam can you put me and tony down for this can we come even though we are not members ? obviously understand that this would cost more let me know:Smile:
ruth

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Ruth

You have a pm.

Just let me know when you have booked. If you are not members I'm pretty sure there will be an extra cost involved but don't know how much.

Let me know when you have booked and I will add you to the list.

Don't forget to tell them you have an RV as your pitch will be reserved.

See you soon.

Pammy

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
No I didn't fail:thumb: managed to escape early:Eeek::ROFLMAO: Don't tell:cry:
I am a member of the CCC outfit, so let me when its a definite prospect:thumb: then I can book:Cool:

Has Geo fixed his barbecue point yet:winky: and are you back at work:Sad:

Cheers
Raoul
The friendly caveman::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
hi pam can you put me and tony down for this can we come even though we are not members ? obviously understand that this would cost more let me know:Smile:
ruth

Hi Ruth

Just booked our pitch. If you are not a member of the caravan club then it will be an extra £7 per pitch per night extra. Obviously the best thing would be to sign up - you would soon get your money back.:winky:

Let me know when you have made your booking and I will put you on the list.:thumb:

Pammy

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Ruth

Just booked our pitch. If you are not a member of the caravan club then it will be an extra £7 per pitch per night extra. Obviously the best thing would be to sign up - you would soon get your money back.:winky:

Let me know when you have made your booking and I will put you on the list.:thumb:

Pammy
Hi Pammy, we are booked, can join when we arrive and save £14, pls add us to the list.

Ta

ruth:Smile:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
No I didn't fail:thumb: managed to escape early:Eeek::ROFLMAO: Don't tell:cry:
I am a member of the CCC outfit, so let me when its a definite prospect:thumb: then I can book:Cool:

Has Geo fixed his barbecue point yet:winky: and are you back at work:Sad:

Cheers
Raoul
The friendly caveman::bigsmile:

Hi Raoul

This is a Caravan club site so you will need your membership to make the booking. If you are not a member then it will cost you an extra £7 per night extra. You are better joining the club anyway as you will get your money back. eg if you join when you turn up at this meet I think the discount comes in straight away. Give it some thought.

Oh and by the way the meet is definitely on, bookings are being taken as we speak:ROFLMAO:

Geo says he has spoken to the 'gas expert' but he didn't turn up to do it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not gone into work today as I had a terrible night - didn't sleep very well at all. I have a slight headache as well which started 10 minutes after the procedure had finished. Rang Eric and he said he could just cope without me:whatthe::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Large hard standing pitches!!!!!!!!!!
Do I feel a MHFun Boules Tournement coming on, singles and doubles, Trophy for the winner/winners
Any takers :thumb:
Geo

playbyte

xMember
May 4, 2008
Kirton-in-Lindsey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
July meet

Hi Pammy.

Please forgive me for being so chatty when we dont know you.

We would be interested in a meet on this date especially as we live in Lincolnshire and the Peak district is one of our most favourite places.

If you arrange anything let us know the details please and how to book etc.

Regards

Roger & Marion

It would appear there seems to be a gap in the calendar for the above date.

There are plenty of pitches available at the moment and the site is RV friendly.

Can we ascertain if there is any interest in having a meet here.

The price for this particular weekend is £14.10 per night including hook up - all pitches are hardstanding. (This is a caravan and camping club site so the price quoted takes your discount into account).

Interests please as soon as possible so that we can get the ball rolling on this.

Quote:
A most attractive level and terraced site with spacious pitches, situated on the quieter, southern edge of the Peak District with some of the best views and walks in the region. An ideal site for families and those who want to enjoy the Peak District without the crowds.
You'll want to take advantage of some of the best walking and most dramatic views in the Peak District. Tittesworth Reservoir and nature reserve is just a short walk away. The town of Leek with its splendid Victorian buildings, cobbled streets and selection of mill shops is only 3 miles away. Titterworth Reservoir (1 mile) offers an adventure playground, fishing, nature reserve and a sensory garden for the blind and partially sighted. Only twenty minutes' drive from Buxton, Bakewell and Hartington, you are well placed for visits to the world famous Wedgwood, Spode and Royal Doulton potteries as well as the Silk Mill in Macclesfield.

Why not take a leisurely barge trip along the Caldon Canal, or you can opt for a steam train ride from Cheddleton or a family day out to Alton Towers (9m) where you can experience the 'white knuckle rides' amongst the other attractions on offer here.

Directions
From Buxton on A53 - site on L in abt 9m (200yds past Blackshaw Moor sign).
From Leek on A53 - site on R ¼m past Three Horseshoes Inn on L.
Note: no late night arrivals area.
End quote

Pammy

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Roger and Marion you are most welcome to join us at this meet.
Remember on MHFUN there are no strangers,Just freind's who havent met yet:roflmto:
I,m Pammys other,nearly said better:Eeek: half, Call up the site make your booking tell them your with the MHFun goup and let us know when your booked and Pammy will add you to the list on the calander
Looking forward to meeting you both
Geo

Last edited:

playbyte

xMember
May 4, 2008
Kirton-in-Lindsey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello Geo. Thanks for the welcome.
We are looking to get out at least once per month, which will be more than last year, but we have other commitments that draw on our time as well.
We have registered an interest in a couple of other meets so Im sure we will meet up one day.
Roger

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hello Geo. Thanks for the welcome.
We are looking to get out at least once per month, which will be more than last year, but we have other commitments that draw on our time as well.
We have registered an interest in a couple of other meets so Im sure we will meet up one day.
Roger

Hi Roger

Welcome to our site.

These are very laid back affairs and anyone is very welcome to attend. We have a great time.

I hope you decide to join this meet and if so you should ring:

Telephone
General enquiries 01538 300203

This is a caravan club site so if you are a member you need to have your membership number ready when you ring. If not there will be an extra cost of £7 per night to pay. If you join the club then you will get the discount straight away when you turn up on the weekend.

Please let us know if you make a booking and I will add you to the list.

Hope to meet you both soon.

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Large hard standing pitches!!!!!!!!!!
Do I feel a MHFun Boules Tournement coming on, singles and doubles, Trophy for the winner/winners
Any takers :thumb:
Geo
count me in geo, but i have never played before and i don't have any boules, maybe i can get some at newbury:Smile:
ruth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back