LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We set off today for 2 months in Europe. Planning to head into Croatia and do the Islands. First stop though is Umag where we have treated ourselves to a luxury pitch just to get us in the slobbing about mood, then onto Krk, after that who knows. Got the tunnel booked for tomorrow and will spend tonight near Folkestone. Intend going through Belgium, Germany, Austria. GO box all topped up, sunscreen loaded, Tom Tom updated. Here we go. Any other Funsters down that way?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Have a good-un Southampton, now think,...........................................................

.....................................................what have I forgotten?

.......by the way, you'll pass me in the first 15 miles, does that count?:winky:

Last edited:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Enjoy your travels :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Have a good-un Southampton, now think,...........................................................

.....................................................what have I forgotten?

.......by the way, you'll pass me in the first 15 miles, does that count?:winky:

I always keep a look out for you when I drive past Port Solent.:thumb:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Have just read your Gas Locker Handle post, did you sort it, if not is it anything I can help with?:thumb:

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Have just read your Gas Locker Handle post, did you sort it, if not is it anything I can help with?:thumb:

Thanks for the offer but got it sorted in the end. It took a small pair of hands and a screwdriver to release the catch. Crazy design that I may modify when I get back.

Nov 28, 2010
Torrevieja, Spain
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip H720
Exp
December 2011
Hi, we are in Croatia at Auto Camp Martin, Sv Petar na Moru between Zadar and Biograd, here until the end of the of month very hot but windy, with pitch right by the waters edge, site has room for 20 odd vans ( mainly Germans would be nice to here some English) ice cream van comes around every day.

Mick and Jan

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Southampton

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mick & Jan, we normally never see any other Brits down there, this is our fourth year. We are in Umag initially thn intend going to Krk Island as we head South. Will keep updating here as we move around. Safe travels. Derek & Aud.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Southampton we are heading for Slovenia in a couple of weeks so may see you in the passing, friends of ours are leaving Wales today for a 6 week tour of Croatia so you may bump in to them.

Deleted User
We are of to Croatia 21st August for 9 weeks, never been before but it looks like it might be a bit crowded with funsters

spongy

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We set off today for 2 months in Europe. Planning to head into Croatia and do the Islands. First stop though is Umag where we have treated ourselves to a luxury pitch just to get us in the slobbing about mood, then onto Krk, after that who knows. Got the tunnel booked for tomorrow and will spend tonight near Folkestone. Intend going through Belgium, Germany, Austria. GO box all topped up, sunscreen loaded, Tom Tom updated. Here we go. Any other Funsters down that way?

Hi the wife and I are presently situated at Lake Garda, we are leaving here on Tuesday and heading for Croatia, according to some of the stuff were reading a lot of the motorhome stop overs (mini camps)? can be expensive when compared to ASCI off season camp sites? from your experience what do they mean by mini camps, what were you paying for fuel, do we need to buy Kunas what would you do differently if you go again
sorry so many questions , regards Mentaliss

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
We went to Croatia few years ago - but preferred Bosnia. If anyone fancies a detour, it would be good to get some news about Bosnian campsites.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that

we all ways go through luxembourg for the cheap fuel we work it out to arrive on fumes

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi the wife and I are presently situated at Lake Garda, we are leaving here on Tuesday and heading for Croatia, according to some of the stuff were reading a lot of the motorhome stop overs (mini camps)? can be expensive when compared to ASCI off season camp sites? from your experience what do they mean by mini camps, what were you paying for fuel, do we need to buy Kunas what would you do differently if you go again
sorry so many questions , regards Mentaliss

Hi if you fancy a nice stop over try Izola in Slovenia lovely little place, there are 3 places you can park up over night for around €15 the first is the marina just as you come into town you will see the ehu and water stand, if you go to the other side of town there are two right next to each other on is in the San Simon hotel resort they will let you stay overnight in car park which is right next to beach or you can buy a ticket at the car park next door and stay overnight no problem.

I know it doesn't answer your question but hope it helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back