LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I got to thinking, would it not be possible for FUN members to get some sort of discount from the ferry companies. Surely with 20000 plus members we must carry SOME clout. Same with insurance companies. We all need insurance and many use the ferries more than once per year. Just a thought.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
A great idea, but am sure Jim is too busy to organise it. Someone should though. With Jim's permission of course.

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
ferry

I think we should build our own ferry name it ( HMJS FUNSTER)WHICH STANDS FOR HIS MAJESTYS JIM SHIP-FUNSTER........:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A great idea, but am sure Jim is too busy to organise it. Someone should though. With Jim's permission of course.

Roger, if I couldn't get some sort of deal with a ferry company with a membership of 20000 I would forgo my status as an entrepreneur. For Christ sake I got a deal for 10 funsters travelling Algeciras-Tangier.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you may find that just by saying to a ferry company i,m a member of a club ,motor home fun . it gives you a discount . i very often tell them i want it cheaper or i shall go elsewhere they soon drop their prices . try it .

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Sorry Dave, yesterday was a bit of a blur, it started in the sun with a lions rugby win and finished in the small hours with a full head of hair::bigsmile: you're right, we should try and secure some more club discounts I've not been as pro-active there as I should:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Sorry Dave, yesterday was a bit of a blur, it started in the sun with a lions rugby win and finished in the small hours with a full head of hair::bigsmile: you're right, we should try and secure some more club discounts I've not been as pro-active there as I should:thumb:

Letter to self start watching the Lions rugby:Smile::Smile:

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Why not obtain improved ferry prices driven by Snowbird??

Operating as individuals to secure better ferry prices does not always make best practice or value . The combined leverage of MHF community should provoke an interesting and meaningful response from shortlisted ferries... also perhaps consider a liason with another large on line motorhome forum to exert some defined commercial strategy ?...Why not ask snowbird to investigate. I would be able to provide some support ..

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Why not obtain improved ferry prices driven by Snowbird??

Operating as individuals to secure better ferry prices does not make best practice or value . The combined leverage of MHF community should provoke an interesting and meaningful response from shortlisted ferries... also perhaps liason with another large on line motorhome forum to exert some defined commercial strategy ?...Why not ask snowbird to investigate. I would be able to provide some support ..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back