Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
My daughter is off in the van with the BF next week and want to go in that direction. She has found Wareham Forest Park on the web which looks very nice. They have a wee dog, Phoebe, who loves the beach and I suspect they will go out somewhere in the van most days. However, not like us, who are quite happy with a field, they want a site which has the toilets, showers etc. They are happy with a pub/restaurant nearby (bit yuppy) and I understand Lulworth Cove is a lovely place. Is Wareham wotsit the best place or is there somewhere else they might like? ::bigsmile:

Ivy

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
There is a site right at Dordle Door which had very good facilities and from there you can walk into Lulworth cove over the cliffs. Great place, we stayed there two weeks ago and all dog friendly. If they fancy lyme regis then there is hook farm at upper lyme which is a very pleasant 30 minute meander into town. Lovely site.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
If they like to go to the beach with the van, motorhome-friendly day-time parking is available at the National Trust's Knoll Beach at Studland. You can stop almost right next to the shore. There are toilets, a cafe and shop. We've always felt the van is reasonably safe there, however, it's expensive if not a member of the NT.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/studland-beach/

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

DM14742

Deleted User
We have just had a fortnight at Norden Farm Campsite just outside Corfe Castle. We only intended on doing a few days there but liked it so much.
There are lovely walks all around including a 20 minute walk into Corfe, there is a cracking Restaurant on site that does evening meals & Sunday breakfasts.
The Greyhound Pub in Corfe does good meals & is Dog friendly. Its handy for Studland & Swanage, good showers & toilets on site & all for £12 a night (£16 with leccy). I can't fault it. :Cool:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
South Lytchett Manor is very nice, close to Wareham and Poole. Not the cheapest but excellent facilities and two pubs very close by. St Peters Finger about 300m from the campsite entrance and The Bakers Arms 500m on from there.

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We have just had a fortnight at Norden Farm Campsite just outside Corfe Castle. We only intended on doing a few days there but liked it so much.
There are lovely walks all around including a 20 minute walk into Corfe, there is a cracking Restaurant on site that does evening meals & Sunday breakfasts.
The Greyhound Pub in Corfe does good meals & is Dog friendly. Its handy for Studland & Swanage, good showers & toilets on site & all for £12 a night (£16 with leccy). I can't fault it. :Cool:

They've just booked for Norden Farm. Thanks everybody. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
La Trottolina on Wareham Quay - lovely Italian Restaurant.

You can hire a motor boat to cruise up and down the river too - well worth it. £25 and hour IIRC. Poole harbour is close by, if they like bikes there (used to) be a very large meet on Tuesdays I think.

Then the obvious Corfe Castle and village, Durdle Door and so on. Tyneham Village is a must do - whole village was kicked out by military during the war! Go the other side of Dorchester and stop off at Tolpuddle and see where the Martyrs were from etc and you can also see Hardy's Cottage whilst in the area. Lots to do!:thumb:

D

DM14742

Deleted User
They've just booked for Norden Farm. Thanks everybody. ::bigsmile:

Ivy
They won't be disappointed Ivy. Just a bit more info. there is a lovely Tea Room next to the model village in Corfe with free WiFi if they need it. There is also a Dog Shower on site, we used it for our Lab when he got a bit mucky but apparently its good to swill them off if they have been in the sea.
There is a Dog ban on beaches in Swanage, you are ok on Studland especially South Beach which is very nice (south of France'ish) with safe bathing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back