Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
Well it's done. Took delivery of our very first motorhome on Wednesday last.

She is a 2010 Elddis Autoquest/Sunstyle 180 ::bigsmile:

We have just completed a local two day shake down cruise with no obvious faults and are now set for the annual extended family holiday in Cornwall next week :Cool:

Looking forward to meeting some of you fellow funsters in our future travels ::bigsmile:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Well done. Enjoy your MH adventures.

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Well done I hope you have a great time:beer::beer:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Make sure you both are aware of the rules of motorhoming.
He. does the leveling and hook up and pours the wine.
She. makes the bed up, cooks the dinner and does the thetford.
(might be best if you wear the crash helmet when you explain this to the OH)::bigsmile:
Have a great time!!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Men and Thetford cassettes

Could you send me this on some official form please. Mrs A, has never "done the Thetford" apparently its My job

I assume that I'm not the only female on here who thinks that the "Thetford" emptying is definitely a job for the men:winky:

I mean let's face it, the women probably do everything else.........don't they?:winky::roflmto:
I do the levelling ramps on arrival, pull them out of the bag and put them into place whilst directing hubby up onto them.
Once that's done, it's easy to do the hook-up, then us women get the kettle on, the meal is started etc, etc, all this whilst opening the wine and getting the glasses out on the table for the first drink of the day:thumb:

So I suppose for all the men out there, emptying the Thetford is the least you can do:RollEyes::hardhat::hardhat::hardhat:
Margaret

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
Please send validation re. 'she does the thetford'. apparently this is just not going to happen in my van... surely there are rules regarding these things...:Smile:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Of course it's mans' work, I am sure our precious men wouldn't want us straining ourselves leaving us incapable of doing the cooking etc ,the only non physical activity left would be nagging:Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Congrats, we are newbies too, 1 month on and guess what? I know now how to change a cassette toilet :cry:

All great information on here:thumb: Just wait until someone starts on the "number twos" again:roflmto: Give it time..........

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thetford is def a mans job..

I would miss the early morning stroll and the chat about what chemicals etc with all the other blokes at the elsan point !!

Oh and congrats on the new van ! Hope you folks get as much enjoyment out of her as we do :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back