Motorway Toll Cards (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Don't know if this may be of interest.......

You can purchase cards or windscreen electronic passes for several countries for their motorways and tunnels. You can get up to 20% discount from the price of the standard toll price. The Toll Cards and tunnel passes we offer are for Italy, Portugal, Spain, and France.

For Italy we recommend the Viacard and the Telepass. These cards can cover all your tolls while in Italy. Telepass is attached to the windscreen and every time you have to pass a toll gate the barrier will lift as soon as it senses the the TIS-PL electronic road toll pass system that is replacing the Caplis cards. Our company also provides a card for crossing through the Mont Blanc and the Frejus Alpine tunnels.

Full details here

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Lampie

I think you will find that info in the link:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Lampie haven't read the link but unless its changed you have to pay a monthly charge for the card, and then tolls on top, its aimed at the commercial driver market not us motorhomers.

Olley

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
What does telepass cost to have

Lampie
Hi Lampie

I think you will find that info in the link:Smile:

Nope Sharon/Rockie.... couldn't find any costs in the link, just the same info you posted in a little more detail? Maybe theres a link in this link that links to the information on costs!:Doh:

I have a tag for the Seven Bridge. I get a monthly bill & I get no discount, just the convenience of not queueing or having to find the right money BUT it costs NOTHING for the TAG.:winky:

Do you have to pay a monthly fee for the European Toll Cards you are recommending (as Olley said)? If so how much would you have to use one for it to make sense?:RollEyes:

That is to say Discount earned is greater than monthly rental?

Always nice to hear of new ideas. Keep 'em coming:thumb:

Thanks,
Andy

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Just found this:

An easy option for France is to sign up for a Telepéage electronic device which is read as you pass through the toll. This requires a credit card for online purchase, a deposit of 30 euro and a fee of just 2 euro per month which is only charged for months used (plus of course the toll itself). The benefits are rapid passage through the tolls and no leaning across the car to pay at left-sided toll booths. Visit Sanef - Concession et exploitation de réseaux d'autoroute where you will find a box to join and pay by credit card, although it is in French

Much cheaper than I thought, its from here: France autoroute tolls, French motorway charges, autobahn, autostrada, autopista fees and costs. at work at the mo. but I will have a proper read later.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back