Will rules be rules ? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I have just renewed my euro breakdown cover with RAC.
It states that no more than 7m in length , just measured mine,7.3m :Eeek:

If it goes bang in France ,will they arrive and say "sorry sir --too long" or-

be friendly and understanding and say " ohh ,that`s ok , don`t worry what`s 300mm:Blush:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I guess you may find, worse case, that do not have a recovery vehicle that will take over 7m ( legally ).

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
If you are a member of Camping & Caravan Club you would be entitled to RAC Arrival which covers any length vehicle with their European cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I have just renewed my euro breakdown cover with RAC.
It states that no more than 7m in length , just measured mine,7.3m :Eeek:

If it goes bang in France ,will they arrive and say "sorry sir --too long" or-

be friendly and understanding and say " ohh ,that`s ok , don`t worry what`s 300mm:Blush:
How easy is it to remove the bumpers?:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
If you are a member of Camping & Caravan Club you would be entitled to RAC Arrival which covers any length vehicle with their European cover.

I have let my C CC membership slip :whatthe: -- because I never used it . I tried once and they said " we only offer a C CC discount in off season times":Angry:

I better renew it for peace of mind for break down cover though :thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Apart from the length, is there any issue with GVW? I seem to remember a thread recently concerning RAC recovery not accepting vehicles over 3.5 tonnes - does that affect you? I must admit that we have RAC recovery via Comfort - I had better check the situation before we set off on our next long trip!

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have let my C CC membership slip :whatthe: -- because I never used it . I tried once and they said " we only offer a C CC discount in off season times":Angry:

I better renew it for peace of mind for break down cover though :thumb:
Apart from Arrival we keep up our membership with C+CC so we can use their THS and the CS sites which we find very useful also get some discount on EuroTunnel.:thumb:

Apart from the length, is there any issue with GVW? I seem to remember a thread recently concerning RAC recovery not accepting vehicles over 3.5 tonnes - does that affect you? I must admit that we have RAC recovery via Comfort - I had better check the situation before we set off on our next long trip!

There is no limit on either length or weight if you are in Arrival.:thumb:

OP
OP
J
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Do people ever consider getting any trouble sorted locally rather than carting the whole thing back to Blighty?

JJ :Cool:

Yes , I would rather get it sorted locally ,but someone has to come out to wherever and cart it back to a garage somewhere.

If it stopped dead , I have to arrange before hand some sort of collection.

Then we would be covered with having it brought back and if it can`t be fixed for a reasonable price --- nothing worse than being on foreign soil being told ££££`s without a fall back plan -- If it is back home I could fix it for a lot less.:thumb:

I bet if called a local French garage with my u/k attempt at parlez vous French asking for a lift mate, they would rub their hands together :ROFLMAO:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Do people ever consider getting any trouble sorted locally rather than carting the whole thing back to Blighty?

JJ :Cool:

I agree with you JJ on this but there are likely to be occasions when for various reasons it may not be possible to fix problems on the spot so we try to cover all our options.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
I would assume that yes rules will be rules, otherwise why are they there? The 7 metre limit will be based on what can be legally crried on the basic recovery trucks. RAC Arrivals scheme is, as far as I can see, unlimited in height, weight and length. You can sign up for RAC Arrivals without being a club member but you do then get C&CC membership thrown in I believe. I think it was "Terry" on here that ad a thread running concerning this recently.

D.

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Recovery

ADAC, what more do you need. Home start, roadside. Recovery from any where in Europe, any country edging on to med. ie. Egypt morocco etc. Russia to Spain. Medical repatriation to uk. Any vehicle you are driving or ridding in. Any size or weight, big American rev,s. or age. And cost phew do you really want to know,,,,,, £69 ........... Yes that is right..£69. They are part of German post office. T n t transport and a part of A A. Still can't believe it

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Apart from Arrival we keep up our membership with C+CC so we can use their THS and the CS sites which we find very useful also get some discount on EuroTunnel.:thumb:

There is no limit on either length or weight if you are in Arrival.:thumb:

Or age.

They towed my 7.5m long, 3.2m high, 4990kg, 1978 Winnebago without batting an eyelid.

tonytange

Free Member
May 19, 2013
Southampton
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since 98
will rules be rules

Do be very sure of the info given to a recovery insurance as with all contracts if a get out is needed one will be found . as said by others the two big clubs have a tailor made recovery contracts with wider length, gvw and age requirement .
I work as a recovery operator and yes clubs can an do leave motor homes with out cover or demand lots of cash to continue remember just because you have paid the amount asked for the policy does not mean it will work when you need it check the small print

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back