Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Same as here pretty much. There may be a few places where the ban is flouted but I haven't come across any.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi!

You can't smoke in all public areas. Apart from this .... wherever you wish to.

But I suggest if you are outside and don't see any smoker around you, to just be a gentleman and ask if someone is bothered. "La fumée vous dérange?"

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Not in restaurant

Was having a meal in resturant in a seaside resort Normandy area last week,
Next table , french couple, half way through their meal got up to go outside for a smoke , the frenchman started to light up his cigarette on his way out of restaurant , the head waiter rushed up to him to told him off for smoking.
I guess smoking in resturant is not allowed.

Last edited:

june123

Free Member
Jul 12, 2012
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Burstner A class 3 berth
Exp
since 2004 caravans before that
smoking in France

Don't know the rules but there did seem to be more people smoking on a recent trip to France so you'll be in good company. I'm an ex smoker now thank goodness but can still remember the joys of a cigarette and am not a member of that awful anti-smoking brigade.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
We were in a bar last year and people were smoking in there even though there were no smoking signs :Doh:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't know the rules but there did seem to be more people smoking on a recent trip to France so you'll be in good company. I'm an ex smoker now thank goodness but can still remember the joys of a cigarette and [HI]am not a member of that awful anti-smoking brigade.[/HI]

I am a proud member of that brigade. I only hope I annoy smokers at least as much as they do me with their smelly, harmful addiction...

JJ :Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I thought this was a thread about smoking in France,not an invitatation to our puritanical members to start sounding off.....

Last edited:

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
I noticed people sat outside restaurants were smoking, there were ash trays on the outside tables. I didn't notice any smoking inside. Seems to me more people smoke in France although this may be my perception.

Have a great holiday

Steve

Proud member of the anti smoking brigade and long time ex smoker.:Smile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I thought this was a thread about smoking in France,not an invitatation to our puritanical members to start sounding off.....

It seems to me that the OP question has already been answered thus offering the opportunity for a fight over one of the topics guarateed to get concerned members going... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And anyway... I am fighting back after being called "awful" for being anti an addiction that kills and maims thousands and thousands of people...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I noticed people sat outside restaurants were smoking, there were ash trays on the outside tables. I didn't notice any smoking inside. Seems to me more people smoke in France although this may be my perception.

Have a great holiday

Steve

Proud member of the anti smoking brigade and long time ex smoker.:Smile:

All the bars and restaurants in France try to find solutions for their smoker clients. This is why you will find tables and chairs outside. The open air is a free area. Bars and restaurants are allowed to do so. Of course it's far easier when it's summer time. During winter time they might put some plastic protection on both sides of the so called "smokers area" , but it has to be in open air.... and smoke must not get IN the restaurant!
In small villages , you might still find bars/restaurants owners who have their own law....."I'm the boss... it' s a smoking area ... if you don't like it stay out " seems to be the message! I don't mind! Being an ex-smoker doesn't make me intolerant...I remember clearly when I was frustrated not being able to smoke somewhere. Smoke doesn't annoy me ... it does make me cought though ... like Paris pollution!:RollEyes:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back