Free Member
Jun 28, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hi

Myself and my other half have decided that when he retires in four years we are going to purchase a motorhome and travel to all the places we promised ourselves we would see, rather than sitting here looking at flights and hotels on the internet and never going anywhere.

Thanks for all the responses already to my post on the poo thread, it was an issue that had been worrying me, after camping for quite a few years, an on board loo and shower are a must for us. I was worried no one actually used them, now I know its preference not because they are rubbish.

We are going to try and hire the layouts we are interested in as much as cost will allow in the next four years in the hopes of getting some ideas what will work for us. Cost will be an issue we are four years off the finishing line with our mortgage and are holding our breaths waiting for something to go wrong.

I use a CPAP machine for sleep apnoea which is the main reason we looked away from camping (not that we are getting older and need a comfy bed, honest ;)). Any advice on that and batteries would be a miracle.

Anywho, hope to chat to you all soon.

Catrina & Terry

Blodwyn Pig

Free Member
Oct 1, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
July 2013
Hello Catrina, welcome from another newbie. :welcome:

I am also very close to retirement (next year God willing) and we bought a caravan a couple of years ago with a view to using it in our retirement.

However, after two years towing and setting up we decided that it was all a bit too much and the sight of motorhomes departing for pastures greener during bad weather whilst we were stuck sans awing was the final straw. :Angry:

We decided to bite the bullet and swap to a motorhome. :Smile:

We should take delivery next Wednesday. ::bigsmile:

I'm sure the funsters will be able to answer all of your many questions in these forums. Good luck with the motorhome search. :thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Catrina and welcome to Fun, ask as many questions as you need, does not matter how many times it may have been asked it is new to you and you want to know, some times the search engine can give you as much as you need and others a question on the forum is well worth while, that's what its here for.

Just one work of caution, when hireing make sure you read all the small print, they have a habit of adding lots of extra charges that can double the cost, that one may be worth a look on the search engine I know it was discussed a little while ago and I was really surprised at the hidden costs. :welcomefunster:

OP
OP
C

Catrina

Free Member
Jun 28, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Hello Catrina and welcome to Fun, ask as many questions as you need, does not matter how many times it may have been asked it is new to you and you want to know, some times the search engine can give you as much as you need and others a question on the forum is well worth while, that's what its here for.

Just one work of caution, when hireing make sure you read all the small print, they have a habit of adding lots of extra charges that can double the cost, that one may be worth a look on the search engine I know it was discussed a little while ago and I was really surprised at the hidden costs. :welcomefunster:

I have found out about the hidden costs over the past few weeks. We are finding it hard to find a model we want to try, fixed rear twin beds that take dogs and don't charge more than a fortnight in Turkey with the small print included. I will have a good read up on the previous threads. It's too big a purchase to regret at leisure

Thanks and thanks for the replies, I've had a great time reading the forum so far

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back