2013 Frontier range satellite output query (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Have fitted an external satellite connection for my Multimo dish along with additional 12vdc & 230vac socket outlets (both the latter in the PSU locker) on my 2013 Mohawk.

I can feed the sat receiver output via a long cable to the AV 1 socket on factory fit media centre (below screen LH front) but this looks very unsightly. Behind the PSU there are 3 spare RCA plugs Audio L, Audio R and Video all marked for AV2. The audio plugs are obviously connected to the media centre as I can play sound through them, the video however does not work so assume its disconnected and AV2 on unit is used for the factory fitted reversing camera.

Has anyone retrofitted a sat system and if so how did you get a video signal to the media centre? I'm guessing I'll have to take it out and fit a splitter to the AV2 socket and connect both the camera and AV2 video leads.

Advice or suggestions welcome if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

If anyone else is contemplating fitting extra sockets as I did I'll start a thread with photo's of the project in the next couple of days. It was suprisingly straightforward and the assistance and advice I received from Dan Howlett the design and support technician at Sargents was outstanding. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Photo of completed project which if I do say looks the business, the coax socket is also connected externally for those sites where freeview reception is rubbish and plug ins are provided usually on the EHU post.:Eeek:

Attachments

• IMG_8282w.jpg
    IMG_8282w.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 81

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I did something simular in my unit, but it is older than yours, using the older style 3 way avi switch heres the thread

Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I did something simular in my unit, but it is older than yours, using the older style 3 way avi switch heres the thread

Broken Link Removed

Interesting read, wish it was so straightforward on mine. Have ordered a RCA splitter and when it arrives will pop out the media unit and have a play :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
After more investigations and head scratching I've finally sorted out the problem. So for anyone considering something similar this is how it works.

The 3 RCA plugs behind the psu unit are connected to the media pack but not all through the actual media unit. To explain the L & R Audio plugs are connected to the media unit so sound is played through the radio speakers when AV 2 is selected. The video plug however is not connected to the media unit, confusingly its connected direct to the drop down monitor.
:Doh::Doh::Doh:

To play satellite or other output via these RCA plugs on AV 2 , select AV 2 on media unit the screen of which will not display any video input, so its necessary to flip down the overhead monitor and the video is viewed directly onto this with sound through media unit speakers. :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Now a happy bunny and everything is up and running, none of this is explained in the media centre chapter in the very skimpy and vague instruction book from Autotrail.

And despite their 3 day response promise (on their very slick webpages) still no reply from their tech department to my email sent last Monday.:Angry::Angry::Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back