MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Quietest Campsite in West Wales
Best Views in Wales
Biggest Sky in Wales.
Link Removed

We've had two campers stop with us this year, who'll be the third? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
We might not be the third but no one forget I was the FIRST to overnight on the new bit... (over the road from those giant blackberries.)

We don't plan too much but could easily be in your area around Malvern time...

JJ :Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we had 20 for a private party at Easter and three already this week, you see Jim people want to see a buzzard, not go fly a kite,:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously though I do hope things pick up for you. You have worked hard enough at it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Roger. We never did it to make money, mostly to park friends up. We are a bit out of the way, we don't have signs as there is no passing trade anyway and I only mention it on here now and again. MaybeI should promote it more.

It is stunning though, been up there strimming today. The field next to me was cutting hay and we had 3 pairs of kites working the field. Seriously nice and no site can touch it for views. A nice way to spend a fiver:thumb:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Hi Jim, Jane and I will be in Wales end of July beginning of August. Plan is to driving south to north but will stay a night at yours if your not fully booked by then:winky: Will bring the sun with us:Cool:

Rob&Jane:Cool:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
As someone who has stayed I think you should promote it more. Great site, great location, lovely views and so great to be away from everything.

We are staying in Hotel on Thursday night near you at £120 for the night :Sad: Would have much rather come up in the Motorhome stayed at Red Kite, slept in our own bed and saved a fortune but we needed a car to get to Lampeter uni for 9.30am and Sabena has to be at the uni for 8am so couldn't collect us.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As someone who has stayed I think you should promote it more. Great site, great location, lovely views and so great to be away from everything.

We are staying in Hotel on Thursday night near you at £120 for the night :Sad: Would have much rather come up in the Motorhome stayed at Red Kite, slept in our own bed and saved a fortune but we needed a car to get to Lampeter uni for 9.30am and Sabena has to be at the uni for 8am so couldn't collect us.

Thanks for the kind words about the site...Cab into town would have cost you £5:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Ed and I had a lovely few days there last year, nice walks from the site beautiful views and our hosts were not to bad either ::bigsmile: great place to chill out.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Jim if you were a bit nearer we'd be there like a shot. But your a bit too far for a weekend break. Maybe in the school hols, but your probably busy in those anyway . From the pics and reports I've read , it does look like a great site.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Ed and I had a lovely few days there last year, nice walks from the site beautiful views and our hosts were not to bad either ::bigsmile: great place to chill out.
Rita and I also had a lovely couple of days there, but on the front slab, with excellent views too. :winky:

If it were our CL/CS Jim, we'd be promoting it. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We loved our stay there. Great hosts and stunning location. Or should that be the other way round?:ROFLMAO: Jane, Bob and Izzy ::bigsmile:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
When/if we visit will the internet connection be fast enough to get the live footy on the internet radio?

My worry is that if it isn't, the second choice would be my Metallica/Motorhead/Judas Priest/Slipknot/Therapy compilation cd and it might upset the chickens... and Rocky!

(Not to mention the Frogs... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
When/if we visit will the internet connection be fast enough to get the live footy on the internet radio?

My worry is that if it isn't, the second choice would be my Metallica/Motorhead/Judas Priest/Slipknot/Therapy compilation cd and it might upset the chickens... and Rocky!

(Not to mention the Frogs... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Judas Priest - that takes me back! Not heard their name mentioned for decades! Rob Halford IIRC? Remember buying British Steel as soon as it arrived. Those were the days!

Jim, I will put the word out for both Yourself and Rogers' sites. Once you have built it up, and become known it will all fall into place! Many people comment on Trevorry not advertising camping and people not realising it is there - but it is always busy!

Give it a couple of years, and you will have lots of return visitors. You have done a great job on the site - looks lovely, and in a stunning place. From what campers say at ours, it is what they want - hidden away, quiet retreats. You have a little gem there!

I'll make up and hand out a few cards.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Jim, Jane and I will be in Wales end of July beginning of August. Plan is to driving south to north but will stay a night at yours if your not fully booked by then:winky: Will bring the sun with us:Cool:

Rob&Jane:Cool:

There's a nice campsite at junction 17 of the M6 for your little wagon. All facilities available including Vodka and Whiskey. Reasonable views :thumb: and the owner does fantastic curries, and it's free. Give us a shout too book in :thumb::thumb:

Jim's place is tops, as is Dylan's not far away,

Wish we were't to busy Funstering ourselves at Funster parties to spend more time going over there, maybe in the winter when it calms down a bit. :thumb::thumb:

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Your site is just my cup of tea. However your so far away and we can't get over there for just a night or two it would kill us travelling that distance in a day just to come home the next. When we have more time and longer trips planned we will be sure to book for at least a few nights.

Best wishes and hope things pick up for you soon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back