Robert's prom and thanks to TOFO (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Only year 11 students were allowed to the prom but Robert had a fabulous time.

Many many thanks to TOFO for recommending Regency car hire from Stanford Le Hope in Essex. Excellent rate and what an amazing Blenchley Landaulette.

He wanted a purple tuxedo and chose all his outfit himself.

The icing on the cake was him winning Best Dressed Boy

Ooh by the way funsters - the young lady in the photograph is Courtney. Some of you will meet her in the summer.

Any other funsters family attended proms this year, lets see your photos too

Attachments

• car&family.jpg.jpg
    car&family.jpg.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 100
  • bestdressed.jpg.jpg
    bestdressed.jpg.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 96
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Very smart and dashing :thumb: and congratulations Robert.
Our twins had their prom last night too. Once they are up and about in the land of living I will get a picture on for you Gail. X

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I wondered how Robert went on I am glad he had a great time and enjoyed himself:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Here you are Gail. Isabel and Isaac , then us two with them. Before they went on their separate ways to prom.
They had a fab time . Elland road football ground for the meal and disco , then an after party until 4 in the morning :whatthe: then back to school for Breakfast and a leavers assembly. Needless to say i didn't get much sleep as they have to be in for 9pm usually.

Attachments

• IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Here you are Gail. Isabel and Isaac , then us two with them. Before they went on their separate ways to prom.
They had a fab time . Elland road football ground for the meal and disco , then an after party until 4 in the morning :whatthe: then back to school for Breakfast and a leavers assembly. Needless to say i didn't get much sleep as they have to be in for 9pm usually.

What lovely photographs and what brilliant proms they had. Love the family photo and what a beautiful dress.

Roberts was 7.30pm to 10.30pm in a marquee at the school and my goodness they finished very promptly.

How proud you both are beams through the photo

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
They both went to the same prom , Gail , just by different means. It had to be a big venue as there are over 300 children in their year group:Eeek: Izzies dress was quite plain compared to most , but she looked so grown up. In fact they both did. Then again they are 17 in September.
Broken Link Removed
Robert , Callum and Isaac our son outside Elland Road prom venue and the car they went in.
Broken Link Removed
Isabel 4th from left with some of her pals waiting to get on the party bus in a hastily erected tent because of the rain . There were 30 girls on the party bus , poor driver:ROFLMAO:

Lots of smart suits and lovely frocks got rather damp , but they had a ball. School have a tradition of cooking them breakfast the morning after. You can imagine the state some of them are in after an all night do .:whatthe: You have to let them do it . Hard when curfew is 9pm usually.
Whatever happened to the old school disco with the geography teacher spinning the discs in the corner eh ??
Im sure your Robert and our Isaac and Isabel will remember their proms . They are all so lucky to have instant pictures , that you know turn out too. Unlike our day where you were lucky to get a couple of decent pics off a roll of film:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
They all look fantastic :thumb:

I remember going to a school disco once in ridiculous Bay City Rollers garb:Blush::Doh:

I am pretty sure girls didn't look like those girls in the photo when I was 17:whatthe:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gail

Robert looks very dashing in his prom suit, sophie went to the prom this year although it wasn't hers she is only 15 well until next week. it was her boyfriends yes she has a boyfriend. Here is a pic of her with him, must admit he seems a nice boy and sophie says he's scared from me :ROFLMAO: so as long as that continues we will be fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 29

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Here is one in the garden before she went with her two best friends

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Bev they both look so grown up since I met them, I suppose though they are young adults now.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Only year 11 students were allowed to the prom but Robert had a fabulous time.

Many many thanks to TOFO for recommending Regency car hire from Stanford Le Hope in Essex. Excellent rate and what an amazing Blenchley Landaulette.

He wanted a purple tuxedo and chose all his outfit himself.

The icing on the cake was him winning Best Dressed Boy

Ooh by the way funsters - the young lady in the photograph is Courtney. Some of you will meet her in the summer.

Any other funsters family attended proms this year, lets see your photos too

glad to help out and thanks for the thanks
we have always had good service from him and his wife

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Bev they both look so grown up since I met them, I suppose though they are young adults now.

I don't know where the time goes !
They are both one of the eldest in the year though as they turn 17 on the 5th of September. Isabel is just as happy slopping about without makeup. But really glammed up for the prom. I though Isaac looked very much like a sixties lad in some of the pictures. With his quiff .
Both of them are starting work in August. Isaac building apprenticeship with his dad. Isabel hairdressing with a well known hairdressing group in our area. It doesn't seem 2mins since I was run ragged with 2 newborns and a 23 month old. I ll soon be redundant:cry:
Ps Sophie looks as beautiful as ever. Her boyfriend looks a lot older than 16 !!!

Last edited:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I don't know where the time goes !
They are both one of the eldest in the year though as they turn 17 on the 5th of September. Isabel is just as happy slopping about without makeup. But really glammed up for the prom. I though Isaac looked very much like a sixties lad in some of the pictures. With his quiff .
Both of them are starting work in August. Isaac building apprenticeship with his dad. Isabel hairdressing with a well known hairdressing group in our area. It doesn't seem 2mins since I was run ragged with 2 newborns and a 23 month old. I ll soon be redundant:cry:
Ps Sophie looks as beautiful as ever. Her boyfriend looks a lot older than 16 !!!

Hi Bev yes I thought Isaac looked very smart reminded me an actor can't remember his name think he was in the twilight films :ROFLMAO:.

Sophie's boyfriend has just turned 17 and as she keeps telling me there is only 14 months between them. He is 6ft 4 so have to scare him just now before he's to tough :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Fortunately he is a nice boy young man and his family own the local Italian restaurant so cheap meals :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: he has just left school and is starting as a trainee accountant so a boring sod :ROFLMAO:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't knock accountancy mate - it pays well !

They're just all so grown up and sophisticated looking aren't they? I'm darn sure I wasn't either at their age - though I could scrub up well, with effort - just never THAT well !

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Don't knock accountancy mate - it pays well !

They're just all so grown up and sophisticated looking aren't they? I'm darn sure I wasn't either at their age - though I could scrub up well, with effort - just never THAT well !

Well sophie scrubs up not to bad but then again what would you expect with such a handsome father :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back