The Lazy Buzzard Campsite update (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
We have now been licenced by the MCC which is the only organisation to licence a CL where non members are welcome.

anyone wanting extra days either side of the August rally, up to a max of 5 will be welcome at rally rates of £5 per night instead of the normal £7 .

A WC and sink have been installed this year as well.
. No showers but do have a good hosepipe, hee hee.
I look forward to finally seeing some of you on site this year.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well done Roger...

All up and running.

And there you were thinking it would never happen.

I suppose the next problem will be where to put the safe to keep all the cash in...:ROFLMAO:

JJ :Cool:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well done, Roger. Hope the meet goes well for you all and the weather stays dry. xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Glad you are all sorted Roger - any idea why Jim could not grant a licence? perhaps Jim could answer that one?
terry

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Glad you are all sorted Roger - any idea why Jim could not grant a licence? perhaps Jim could answer that one?
terry
I first applied to MCC 5 years ago because they allow anyone on their sites, even you Terry.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A better option than to be tied to one club or forum Jim's help made it possible:thumb:

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I first applied to MCC 5 years ago because they allow anyone on their sites, even you Terry.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: A better option than to be tied to one club or forum Jim's help made it possible:thumb:

Would like to say THANKS JIM for helping a fellow funster in need --- would stick a thumb up but the bloody things have stopped working for me
Terry

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
congratulations Roger, on your campsite registration, and about time too.:Smile:

Sorry I was a little busy today when you popped around. :RollEyes:

I have put my iPhone back together now after you seeing it in about a hundred pieces.

It s now fully functional once again.

I love taking phones to bits and then putting them back together.

It is a wonderful feeling when it actually switches on and works.:Smile:

Hope you get lots of campers now that summer is here, we'll almost:RollEyes:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We have now been licenced by the MCC which is the only organisation to licence a CL where non members are welcome.

anyone wanting extra days either side of the August rally, up to a max of 5 will be welcome at rally rates of £5 per night instead of the normal £7 .

A WC and sink have been installed this year as well.
. No showers but do have a good hosepipe, hee hee.
I look forward to finally seeing some of you on site this year.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! Well done Roger and Sue! Long lives the Lazy Buzzard!

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sounds good! What's the address please or Lats/Longs? ::bigsmile:

The Lazy Buzzard Campsite, Ilfracombe, N. Devon EX348NY GPS: 51.177832 N, -4.141783 W
Prop Mr Roger Quaintance please telephone 07812385915 between 10am-10pm
rogerquaintance@gmail.com
COST: £7, paypal accepted for any advance payments.
OPEN: Easter –September may be able to accommodate in the winter depending on ground conditions.
DIRECTIONS: Leave M5 Junction 27 take A361 and follow into Barnstaple, (Do not take the road signposted to Ilfracombe very pretty but narrow and winding road) At Barnstaple take A39 towards Lynton, just outside of Barnstaple past the hospital turn left onto the B3230 and stay on that road until you reach Lynton cross then turn left onto the A3123 and keep going until you reach the Mullacott roundabout, take the second exit B3343 towards Woolacombe and the site is 800 yards on the right.
FACILITIES: Water, Black and grey dump, Rubbish Bins WC with sink. Dogs allowed no extra charge.
PLACES OF INTEREST: 800 mtrs Pub and restaurant, busses are available to Ilfracombe, Barnstaple and Woolacombe outside of the pub. Busses passing the site will stop if requested. Excellent beaches at Woolacombe and Ilfracombe along with fishing and boat trips to Lundy Island. There are also many charter fishing/pleasure boat trips from Ilfracombe harbour. Arlington Court a few miles away well worth a visit. Golf driving range ½ mile and golf course on the outskirts of Ilfracombe. Horse riding / Quad bikes 1000 yards, clay pigeon shooting by arrangement. Sculpture gardens and trout fishing lakes 7 miles. Haunted Challacombe manor, 5 miles.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Roger, well done you have stuck at it and its all come together, well priced and signed just in time for the summer, hope all goes well.
Also a :thumb: to Jim for helping you on your way.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Well roger seen as I like you cos your a Stubern git and won't give up till you get what you want and well done for doing so :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some advice

Plan B buy another site in gods own yorkshire dig a pond fill it little fishies and we will be along every other weekend sod the loos and elecky
Just good company and pleasant owners :thumb::thumb:

Seriously Elaine and I may be doing a Cornwall run to see friends so we may call in on way down and back if you will have us twice :Eeek:

I do admire people with determination and guts to follow their plans and dreams

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
So pleased to hear your good news! Looking forward to meeting you in August! :thumb::thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Well done Roger! You will do well up there without a doubt. Plenty of sites up on the north coast, but all seem to want a kings ransom! Fair rate, you will do very well indeed - I'll put they feelers out for you and send some your way.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
DIRECTIONS: Leave M5 Junction 27 take A361 and follow into Barnstaple, (Do not take the road signposted to Ilfracombe very pretty but narrow and winding road) At Barnstaple take A39 towards Lynton...

I can confirm that the A399 is indeed very pretty, narrow and winding :Doh: ::bigsmile:

Back from my stay at the LB....many thanks to Roger and Sue for the welcome and for arranging the fantastic weather :Smile:

Great location for exploring the area....and a good stopover point for heading further west.

Not just mad dogs and Englishmen....this Welshman thought it was a good idea to walk into Ilfracombe on Saturday, walk around Arlington Court on Sunday, and around Woolacombe/Mortehoe/Baggy Point yesterday. I think the hayfever tablets and Roger's cider on Friday must have gone to my head!

Lovely sunsets too...

STA72361_2.jpg

STA72431_2.jpg

STA72439_2.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread