Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Help. Have used rigs in trucks for years. Have one in Moho. Tried all sorts. Went back to supplier he checked it. Seems ok, but?? What is this bit about when I switch from am to fm or travel in other countries I have to change the frequency as well as am . Fm. Think iambeing run round the houses. Surely they cant have changed that much, also, which channel is most used in general. Used to be 19. Cheers

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If it has a 27/81 label then its the original UK only "legal" frequencies.
They then bought out CEPT sets that were meant to be used within Europe.

I doubt anyone even checks such things nowerdays.. I used to travel to Netherlands every month in my motorhome and stocked up with Radio equipment. Dover customs seem to stop me every time but was more interested in case I had fags and booze ( drugs as well I guess)..

Whoever told you was maybe just trying to give you some up front advise as to the legalities.
TECHNICALLY and Legally you need a specific radio with a stamp, even if your CB still covers the frequencies that does not count BUT your chances of being stopped and checked for that are remote..

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Oh it is long and drawn out! In effect, they harmonised european frequencies with cept- and we are waiting to catch up on the am/ssb side of things.

It is not illegal to own, or sell an AM set, or multiband but is to use it on the am setting. You need to FM uk40 channels for uk. You can use am 12w in europe - but I bleive it is licensed over there - whereas here it isn't.

I seem to recall a slight change in frequencies, but I would have to check to be sure.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

I have used my fm rig all over the continent.the police have never been intrested in my rig.whenever they have stoped me.or the customs.::bigsmile:

mid4did

Free Member
Sep 29, 2012
N.somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp R 655 GT
Exp
started in a minivan 1970's when I could fit into it.
I have used my fm rig all over the continent.the police have never been intrested in my rig.whenever they have stoped me.or the customs.::bigsmile:
Ditto with ssb :Smile:
or is that a bit naughty :whistle:

OP
OP
froghopper

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class