May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hymer is in the hospital :Sad:

Preparing for the July/August trip to Malvern (via Toulouse) I have put the old girl in for some sorting out...

...wiper switch repair/replace... starter motor check/overhaul... water pump supply relay find and replace... temp gauge check... stop switch check/overhaul... alternator output check... and thermistor warning light sorting.

So I am back in the (partially) cleaned Wagon

It is so much more comfortable in here... ok... very poor "finish" and zero (or minus) status... but everything the right height for a 6'4" person and much better facilities...

Self Builds Rool OK?

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
It will all be fine! You will soon be back on the road and heading to Malvern!:thumb:

Thanks for your kind comment...

I must point out though (for the record only) that the Hymer was never broken down... this hospital visit is prevention maintenance!!!

(Old Hymers don't break down... they sometimes need an afternoon nap though.)

Last edited:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Good Luck with the repairs.

My old gel went in for a bit of a tart-up too today
cam belt fan belt water pump
and rust treatment.

still should be ready for the northern show:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

and rust treatment.

I hope all goes well with your van Mr Teddybard...

...however I feel the need to point out that classic Mercedes Hymers don't have cambelts...

... or rust.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Having seen the classic Mercedes Hymer, I would say what ever she needs doing is money well spent. :thumb:

And it pays to have the once over before your long journey JJ because you can no longer be sure the garage at Sennybridge is open,:winky: seems to have a lot of leisure now he has his new motorhome. :ROFLMAO: Bob.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Your wonderful repair was on the Iveco Wagon... we will be at Malvern in the Hymer...

You will have to come to Portugal to effect the repair... but you two don't "do abroad" do you?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Your wonderful repair was on the Iveco Wagon... we will be at Malvern in the Hymer...

You will have to come to Portugal to effect the repair... but you two don't "do abroad" do you?

Yes I know and no we don't ::bigsmile: Could donate a bit of silver gaffa tape for DIY though ::bigsmile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Thanks for your kind comment...

I must point out though (for the record only) that the Hymer was never broken down... this hospital visit is prevention maintenance!!!

(Old Hymers don't break down... they sometimes need an afternoon nap though.)

You are a man of my thinking! Preventative maintenance is the only way! Indeed the hymers are good old beasts, care for them and they will go on forever.

Like a good woman really, you care for them and the go on (at you) forever!:ROFLMAO:

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

and rust treatment.

Nice to see you looking after Sheila like that Roger, but you really shouldn't speak about her as the "old gel" she's far too lovely for that,

Good to see you looking after the MH as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken :thumb: :drink:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I hope all goes well with your van Mr Teddybard...

...however I feel the need to point out that classic Mercedes Hymers don't have cambelts...

... or rust.

Almost Classic Auto-Sleepers - do have the odd niggle-:cry:
but as with you its preventative.
They also have a 6'4" Queen Size bed which I need.:thumb:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Nice to see you looking after Sheila like that Roger, but you really shouldn't speak about her as the "old gel" she's far too lovely for that,

Good to see you looking after the MH as well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ken :thumb: :drink:

I've just told him i'll stop his comics Ken ::bigsmile: Sheila

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I`m still suffering "Nightmares" after 5 or 6 years when I had the misfortune to be parked opposite that great BLACK thing...

If memory serves correct it was at one of the Shepton Shows.... and Road Runner was parked alongside me.... :Cool:

I`m still having a problem getting a "No Win No Fee" cowboy to take on the case...:Angry:

God I can picture it now.... :cry:

I sincerely hope all is well with the Hymer repairs.... :thumb:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
hope ya repairs go ok jj im looking forward to running over ya foot as you marshall me in malvern :winky::winky::winky:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I`m still suffering "Nightmares" after 5 or 6 years when I had the misfortune to be parked opposite that great BLACK thing...

If memory serves correct it was at one of the Shepton Shows.... and Road Runner was parked alongside me.... :Cool:

I`m still having a problem getting a "No Win No Fee" cowboy to take on the case...:Angry:

God I can picture it now.... :cry:

I sincerely hope all is well with the Hymer repairs.... :thumb:

Don't tell me ...the year before I was right in front that BLACK stuff you're talking about , scared in my wee nylon castle , and the year after, while you were parked by the path leading to the ...errr... toilets I think:roflmto: with Dave Snowbird protecting you from the repeated assaults of some Big Man in Black with a strange little engine called ... a SOLEX , I was in a much bigger cotton (if my memory serves me right) castle... and I had a sherrif and his wife to keep me safe, away from that very same BLACK wagon, parked 2 or 3 pitches away! Mind you I only remember because you mentionned it .... otherwise, I have no idea whom you talking about:RollEyes:

Frankie:winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Your memory is indeed 100% Frankie. What I would really like to know is why the black beast has a tyre mark running up the side of it. What ever ran over it :Eeek:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Your memory is indeed 100% Frankie. What I would really like to know is why the black beast has a tyre mark running up the side of it. What ever ran over it :Eeek:

I think I know what you mean .... Not a tyre mark ...a finger print in fact.... some very famous Portuguese Magician finger print!::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think I know what you mean .... Not a tyre mark ...a finger print in fact.... some very famous Portuguese Magician finger print!::bigsmile:

Thanks Frankie, you learn something every day. I always thought it was the local tyre van :Blush:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Having looked inside the 'black thing' I was surprised when the research officers from Porton Down refused to go within 50 yeards of it unprotected. And they know a thing or two..
Besides that, nice van, should get at least £50 in scrap..

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just been to visit the "patient" (needed a crow bar for the manhole) and I am told it should be all better by tomorrow...

When I asked for a rough estimate of the bill Jose Luis (the main man) just laughed...

Maybe he was laughing at my dreadful Portuguese accent...

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
£50 eh Dave...Its obviously a good few years since you had a weigh in :ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don't tell me ...the year before I was right in front that BLACK stuff you're talking about , scared in my wee nylon castle , and the year after, while you were parked by the path leading to the ...errr... toilets I think:roflmto: with Dave Snowbird protecting you from the repeated assaults of some Big Man in Black with a strange little engine called ... a SOLEX , I was in a much bigger cotton (if my memory serves me right) castle... and I had a sherrif and his wife to keep me safe, away from that very same BLACK wagon, parked 2 or 3 pitches away! Mind you I only remember because you mentionned it .... [HI]otherwise, I have no idea whom you talking about[/HI]:RollEyes:

Frankie:winky:

You were just a "Twinkle" in his eye, back in them days... :lovewait::thumb:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
The Hymer has been allowed home.

The doctor has sorted out every problem.

And guess what?

No transplants needed.

Every trouble was down to loose and/or dirty connections/fuse holders.

Dr. Eduado traced each circuit and did whatever was necessary. He took me through each of them and showed me.

So the wipers, fridge (on 12volts), domestic water pump, temp gauge, starter motor, thermistor warning light, engine stop thingy and the alternator charging system all work properly now.

Charged 3 hours at €18 Euros per hour.

Well pleased.

Bluemerle

Free Member
Sep 22, 2011
Out and about
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
June 2012
The Hymer has been allowed home.

The doctor has sorted out every problem.

And guess what?

No transplants needed.

Every trouble was down to loose and/or dirty connections/fuse holders.

Dr. Eduado traced each circuit and did whatever was necessary. He took me through each of them and showed me.

So the wipers, fridge (on 12volts), domestic water pump, temp gauge, starter motor, thermistor warning light, engine stop thingy and the alternator charging system all work properly now.

Charged 3 hours at €18 Euros per hour.

Well pleased.

Glad to hear the above, especially as I have just become the owner of a 1990 S660.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back