LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Was just thinking about my favourite camping spot that is fairly local 1hour to hour and half, mine is Church Bay a CL opposite the Lobster Pot and 1 minute from the beach and coastal Path around Anglesey.

What are your favourite camping spots and what makes them special, always nice to go somewhere good and not take pot luck.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Was just thinking about my favourite camping spot that is fairly local 1hour to hour and half, mine is Church Bay a CL opposite the Lobster Pot and 1 minute from the beach and coastal Path around Anglesey.

What are your favourite camping spots and what makes them special, always nice to go somewhere good and not take pot luck.

Carol, having been born and breed on Aglesey, I have never been to the Lobster Pot, have been to the Wavecrest, dont know if that has changed.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Carol, having been born and breed on Aglesey, I have never been to the Lobster Pot, have been to the Wavecrest, dont know if that has changed.

Lobster Pot is a bit on the pricey side, but so popular always amazes me a place so tucked out of the way has such a large clientèle.
The Wavecrest which is almost on the beach has won awards now for the excellent food they serve, their Cream Scones are legendary.

It sounds as if its a busy area but it is so peaceful you just look out over the sea and the views from some of the walks around there you can see for miles;

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
campsite

the best site so far is without a doubt teversal in Derbyshire. its lovely friendly site with fantastic walks the management and staff are so very friendly the utility rooms are the best and cleanest on this planet.awarded 5star by AA pubs close by and chatsworth house.but no sea. well worth a visit.steve:thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Shell Island, outside school holidays, Monday to Friday I almost have the place to myself. Pensioners discount of course :thumb:.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Shell Island, outside school holidays, Monday to Friday I almost have the place to myself. Pensioners discount of course :thumb:.

Dave that's one we have not done for 40 years, must put it back on our to do list. :Smile:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Best site

I have to agree with Stevensson10 about Teversal. A lovely site run by lovely people. We once turned up there in Winter with several inches of snow on the ground and they actually helped dig us ONTO our pitch! W went back lots of times and still will when we go back up that way.

But we have found a lovely site near where we live now, only 10 miles from home. It's called Treloan, and is just outside Portscatho on the Roseland Peninsula. It's run by a friendly couple, the site overlooks the sea and is only a few hundred yards from the village (pub, etc). And it has direct access to the SW coastal path. They have a play field for the kids and a small animal farm and a fire-pit ( a bit like Henry's on the Lizard, but not as basic and much cheaper).

But don't tell everybody!

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Ours is a wild camping spot, nice bit of fishing, lounge around looking at the fantastic scenery and a couple miles up the road, Kinlochleven, outside tap and toilets, and co-op for provisions.

Attachments

• P1040177.jpg
    P1040177.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 38

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
My Local favourite.

Rockingham CL nr Corby:Smile::Smile: CC.CL.

Well maintained friendly site
elect,h2o,waste disposal etc

good pub in village 400 yds (The Royal George)::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Roger

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
not visually stunning but weve had some great weekends at the site near southwold harbour in suffolk it ticks all our boxes fresh fish on the harbour, adnams pubs in town, beach dead opposite the site and lots places to walk to now we have our electrics and solar working we will be able to stay longer (no hook ups)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back