Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I am parked up in a campsite in North Wales, came back about 4pm and new van parked next to us.
Dog straight up at the window looking for its owners, they arrive about 5 and leave again about 6pm (dog not walked) still NOT back.
So why tie a dog with you if you can't be bothered to see to it !!!!
Sorry I just can't stand people who do not see to their pets

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
I am with you, if you take a dog in the mh well look after it and walk it.

We take our dog with us every time we use the mh and the little tart comes with us ever place we go! :thumb:

Mrs Bluemooner

Free Member
May 30, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Aspire 255
Exp
I agree... Leave them at home if you can't be bothered with them... not the dogs fault!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We have 2 dogs.
Well loved Border Terriers 16 and 4 years old . But they don't go everywhere with us. We do leave them in the motorhome. :Eeek::whatthe:
Just like we leave them at home when we go out. They are dogs .
Not children. It is allowed.

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
I do not have a problem with dogs being left in MH BUT they need to be walked !!! I have had several dogs and take my daughters dog with me But alwAys make sure it is walked etc before I go out and as its now 9pm and not back yet !! I would never ever leave her this long !!! Sorry it's neglect as far as I'm concerned

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Don't worry - they'll walk the dog when you've gone to bed.

Just don't tread in the wee and the sh*t around your MH when you go out in the morning!

opp5opp5opp5opp5opp5opp5

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some people treat dogs and other animals as belongings, which they choose to look after only when it suits them. the same people see their dog as protection for their other property when they go and leave them to it.

I'm not saying it's wrong to occasionally leave the dogs in the van or at home for a few hours. but see to the dog's needs first before going out and first when you come back. they rely on you to "allow" them to exercise and attend to their toilet requirements. how would they like being shut in a hot van without a toilet break or anything to occupy their minds.

some people just shouldn't have animals in their life as they just cant be bothered with the responsibility it brings. I also disagree immensely with people "owning" animals....just like people used to own slaves. we share our lives with animals that become friends and family. they are living breathing creatures with a spirit just as we are

OP
OP
camocam1

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Neighbours just arrived back so hooefuly the poor sole will get out soon, will not know as heading off to bed as have early start in the morning and there is a 5.15 train goes past site 10 yards from my pitch

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i leave my dogs for days whats the problem he has a fridge full of food a cooker and a toilet and if he wants he can run up and down the van :Smile:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
If we have no dogs with us we go out and get rat arsed, if we have our dogs we stay in and get rat arsed.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
i leave my dogs for days whats the problem he has a fridge full of food a cooker and a toilet and if he wants he can run up and down the van :Smile:

hope he tidy's up before you get back.:Cool:

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
dogs

weve brought four kids up and now they've flown the nest wouldn't dream of having dogs or any animals for that matter .taking the dog for a walk and having to clean its mess up is just not on how do you clean its mess theres bound to be mess still there and what do you do when it wants to wee how do you clean that up .we go to the park for walks and see dog mess all over the place its disgusting. the only dogs that are worth their salt is is police dogs blind dogs working dogs if your a dog lover you should keep your dog on your own premises and not let them foul public places.steve:Angry:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Dog comes with us for a drink or meal if at all possible. A lot of pubs are happy to have a dog in the bar but not in the resturant bit, that suits us fine. Sometimes though after a busy day, I think she is grateful to be left alone for a bit and have a good snooze.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
What's not to say they went for a very long walk for a few hours before going to the site you were on ? If that was the case our dogs , even the young one would sleep for hours . We often leave our 16 year old dog by herself , as she can't walk too far now. Of course we take them to pubs when we can , they love to go. But we don't let having a dog stop us going to places we want to go to either. The dog owners you are posting about would probably be mortified if they thought you were accusing them of cruelty and neglect .
Plus leaving an unwalked non toileted dog for hours on end in a MH , is asking for trouble , of the smelly shredded kind:winky:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
only thing my dog aint learnt and that's how to empty the toilet and if he has the lazy git aint told me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

keithcdb

Free Member
May 31, 2013
scotland
Funster No
MH
Iveco
Exp
Your dog should be treated as part of the family as an equal, I do understand that they have to be left to chill when they cant be welcomed ect but if you are pooping back to the van a wee walk is not to much to ask for?

I will be taking our youngest on our second trip and she will be a part of the holiday not just a passenger ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
weve brought four kids up and now they've flown the nest wouldn't dream of having dogs or any animals for that matter .taking the dog for a walk and having to clean its mess up is just not on how do you clean its mess theres bound to be mess still there and what do you do when it wants to wee how do you clean that up .we go to the park for walks and see dog mess all over the place its disgusting. the only dogs that are worth their salt is is police dogs blind dogs working dogs if your a dog lover you should keep your dog on your own premises and not let them foul public places.steve:Angry:

Oh dear.

Live and let live eh?:Doh:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

If you think pooing all over the bit is bad you should try walking my dag he tries to sh*g every other dog even the male ones so i think he might be Bi, it can be embarrassing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If you think pooing all over the bit is bad you should try walking my dag he tries to sh*g every other dog even the male ones so i think he might be Bi, it can be embarrassing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: He is definitely something, I remember he was humping his bed at Chester, I wonder what the right term is for that? He's a duvet lover!!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

You not a dog lover then Steve?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

I see youre a bit of a dog hater. sad really as youre the one missing out

I agree that some people allow their dogs to foul parks and dont clean up, giving all dog owners a bad name. However public spaces are for everyone to enjoy, dog owners and their dogs included. where do you think police dogs and guide dogs are exercised? thats right public parks

not everyone loves dogs I get that, but dont understand why some people are so selfish as to think they should have exclusive rights to a public resource. if you dont like dogs stay away from parks where they get exercised, its that simple

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
It not just dogs Steve does not like from previous posts I think its everything:ROFLMAO:

I noticed that and the result, oh well takes all sorts to make the world go round:ROFLMAO:

spend too long angry with the world around you and you forget to have fun and enjoy it. life is short and precious so live and let live, much less stressful:winky:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Dog comes with us for a drink or meal if at all possible. A lot of pubs are happy to have a dog in the bar but not in the resturant bit, that suits us fine. Sometimes though after a busy day, I think she is grateful to be left alone for a bit and have a good snooze.

Three times the local Chinese Restaurant has offered you a free home for your dog. in the restaurant bit, are you grateful no chance :ROFLMAO:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years

miserable sod:ROFLMAO:

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

Not keen then!!

Well dogs are here, guess if we follow your plan we will just line the little sods up and shoot them all!! Well that's solved that then :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:, now, shall what shall we shoot next???:Smile: Are!! I know all the grumpies:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back