For Disabled Passenger (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
For Disabled Passenger

I have posted this in Chat because it might be missed in Disabled Section - it is meant for disabled passengers.

I have ‘installed’ a Milford Lift to the passenger side (cab) to my 2004 Ducato MH.

Unfortunately my wife for whom the lift was for is now too ill to use it but I will keep it for now - in hope.

I thought I would upload pictures of the installation - unfinished but working and tested.

The lift is designed for use in a car/people carrier but it will fit a Ducato - only just though - and with the front seat swiveled towards the door opening

I extended the ‘arm’ to its maximum possible length, this gives a vertical lift of 2 feet.

The mounting has to be the pretty well as shown - every vehicle type needs its own designed for it - I bought mine second hand and had the bracket modified.

The ‘stays’ (2) are bolted to the wheel arch as shown - easy to do and strong enough to do the job.

Hope the information is of use to someone …………………

Broken Link RemovedBroken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed
Broken Link Removed

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
wat would happen if u was in a head on smash

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQI8emCS2c"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQI8emCS2c[/ame]

Lift is removed after passenger seated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
great to see that some disability products can be adapted to fit a motorhome. this is great if you take a disabled passenger, but it would take a lot of adapting to allow a wheelchair user full access to the habitation area

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
great to see that some disability products can be adapted to fit a motorhome. this is great if you take a disabled passenger, but it would take a lot of adapting to allow a wheelchair user full access to the habitation area

This might be just the thing for my wife, who has great difficulty in accessing the MH. Once in the cab seat she could be swivelled around to access the habitation areas. Although she has difficulty in walking unaided and in climbing stairs, she can get about with a stick, or by holding on to stuff. Burstner's post has given me plenty to think about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
The Milford Lift is a great piece of kit, over engineered, nothing like the normal wheelchair lifts.

It's not designed for vans but as shown I have fitted it (with modification) to my 2004 Ducato

It does look a bit weird to see your loved one hoisted 4 feet in the air ! - Passers by do tend to stare

To make my wife feel more comfortable (she is easily embarrassed) I close the concertina blinds on the door and screen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back