Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Looking to purchase a mattress topper anyone have any recommendations :thumb:

When our 16 month old grand-daughter accompanies us she sleeps in the fixed bed with OH, I end up on the lounge bed and as we have a half dinette (AT Mohawk) and all those extra seat cushions don't make for the most comfy of sleeps:Eeek::Eeek:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Or your worst enemy

Raskelf / DuralayLink Removed
I guarantee I wont be the only one to recommend from personal experience this companies product

Be warned the Raskelf 2" single, will cost a touch more that the e-bay 5" Kingsize:Eeek:

But as the little China man said

Good ---No Cheap :thumb:
Cheap ---No Good :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Remember this is only an occasional use so E Bay job would probably do. We bought ours from Ikea and just cut the corner and have been very happy with it .

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I just took delivery of one from memoryfoamwarehouse. It was made to my measurements to fit our dining area in the MH and I ordered the 7.5cm depth with a coolmax cover. We have just spent our first weekend on it and it was so comfortable. I didn't wake up in pain once compared with our previous trip when I was in so much pain I barely slept. The service was excellent and swift. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
WHILE i don't knock Raskelf / Duralay at all :thumb: The bloke who surplied the foams for my van said that basically they are all much the same --Just like the foam for the seats it comes in soft medium and hard only he described it as density :Smile:Also said don't go for any more thickness than 3 ins deep because it is so soft it gives virtually no support hence most mattresses are foam wjth a topper stuck to it ie 6 ins foam with 3 ins memory foam giving a total of 9 ins etc, --ideal topper thickness is 2 to 3 ins rolls up very small :thumb:BE aware some sell memory toppers with 1 ins foam and 1 ins memory foam as 2 ins memory foam toppers :Eeek:
terry

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Dunelm is the place to go, we got ours from their perfect suits our needs 100%.:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I was just reading your post and noticed the banner ad underneath.......it was for "GETLAIDBEDS"
:roflmto:

Thats because you may have been going to 'naughty places' and your cookies have rumbled you!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get Adblocker to stop the banners or use Firefox

Peter

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Thats because you may have been going to 'naughty places' and your cookies have rumbled you!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter
##

Alway use Firefox, now it's M & S showing the bathroom fittings that I looked at earlier........::bigsmile: Might need to by a "Surf Easy"

No "naughty places"......... honestly:RollEyes:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Peter

Thanks for that Peter, got Adblocker installed, no more M & S and Debenhams ads, just those annoying Pecks Hill Garage and Johns Cross Motor ones:ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks for that Peter, got Adblocker installed, no more M & S and Debenhams ads, just those annoying Pecks Hill Garage and Johns Cross Motor ones:ROFLMAO:

shouldn't say this really but when adblock plus is installed, just right click on any ads that get through and click to block those too. speeds up page loading and saves bandwidth....shhhhh! don't tell anyone as the adverts provide a small income to help pay for the forum.:winky:

Hillbum

Free Member
Jun 4, 2013
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
One year
Probably too late in this post

I had exactly the same problem and after the first night being uncomfortable, I purchased a memory foam topper from
Link Removed. :thumb:
Best nights sleep I've had in awhile. Expensive but given I'm not a slim jim I needed something substantial. Only downside is that it is quite heavy and unwieldy to move about. During the day it stays on the fixed bed, then gets dragged to the made up one when needed.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We bought a duralay double topper and it is fantastic. What a difference it has made and both of us have commented that we no longer wake up in pain.

I know they are expensive and the topper cost more than a double memory foam matress I bought for the guest room. however it is our home on wheels and we want a good nights sleep.

Kath and Howie

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Raskelf / Duralay are the best, look after yourself you only have one back and you'll miss it when it's gone. You can go down the cheaper route but comfort, to me, is everything. Northing beats a good night sleep.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
WHILE i don't knock Raskelf / Duralay at all :thumb: The bloke who surplied the foams for my van said that basically they are all much the same --Just like the foam for the seats it comes in soft medium and hard only he described it as density :Smile:Also said don't go for any more thickness than 3 ins deep because it is so soft it gives virtually no support hence most mattresses are foam wjth a topper stuck to it ie 6 ins foam with 3 ins memory foam giving a total of 9 ins etc, --ideal topper thickness is 2 to 3 ins rolls up very small :thumb:BE aware some sell memory toppers with 1 ins foam and 1 ins memory foam as 2 ins memory foam toppers :Eeek:
terry

But how do you know that he knows what he is talking about. We find posts on here about salesmen etc you give you nothing but ... well lies

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back