LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Hang on while I look at my watch
Just ripped the so called SE media pack out of my Autotrail. Been tinkering for weeks to get it all to work properly with no success. It's never worked properly since i bought the van last year. The radio reception has always been hit and miss. The head unit turned out to be faulty.

Got a great deal from Halfords on a all singing all dancing Sony head unit with Bluetooth for the phone. Can connect just about anything I want to it and work it from my IPhone if I want. Now got a great reception even in the Yorkshire Dales.

Even paid the £30 and got one of their fitters to fit it. Would never have gone anywhere near Halfords a few years ago but boy have they changed.

Just got to fit a small Avtex tv in the dining area tomorrow and Bobs your Uncle.

The cost of that media pack is disgraceful for the quality of goods you get. Glad I wasn't the one that shelled out my hard earned cash for it.:thumb:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
I bought what must be the same or very near from Halfords. Never looked back. It doesn't seem to matter where your media is stored, it will play it and much better reception on the radio than the old fiat head unit!

Dont forget once you fire up the Avtex you can even send the sound to the Sony via the airwaves :thumb:

OP
OP
My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Technology nowadays is superb. Been listening to radio Cornwall in the van on my all singing all dancing unit sat on a hill overlooking Grassington in the Yorkshire dales.

Little things and all that I suppose :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Dont forget once you fire up the Avtex you can even send the sound to the Sony via the airwaves :thumb:

Noticed that in my van with the Avtex, the only problem is the head unit is in the cab and that works off the vehicle battery. I would always be worried about ending up with a flat veh battery!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Technology nowadays is superb. Been listening to radio Cornwall in the van on my all singing all dancing unit sat on a hill overlooking Grassington in the Yorkshire dales.

Little things and all that I suppose :Smile:

We had several visits to Grassington last year, are you staying at Wharfedale or wild camping? There are some lovely little pubs around the area, but the Gamekeeper's Inn on the Long Ashes Park site is really handy too. Hope the weather is better for you than it was for us:Smile:

OP
OP
My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Staying on Wharfedale and the weather is sun and showers. The pubs are great and Grassington is a nice place to explore.

The walk along the river down to Burnsall and over the swinging bridge is a lovely walk. The ice cream sat on the village green is a great reward on a warm day.

Going to try the camp site Masons Farm at Appletreewick next weekend.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am happy with our media pack.

Everything seems to work including Bluetooth.

OP
OP
My Dog Likes Fishing

My Dog Likes Fishing

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2012
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678
Exp
Mine was a 2006 version and didn't have Bluetooth. Maybe they improved in the newer versions.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back