Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Unfortunately they are everywhere now, pre-loved, gumtree, caravan selecta, auto-trader, you name it, some sites are a lot quicker than others in removing scammers.

Just be warned, if its cheap, there is a reason and generally a bad one for the buyer.

At least they won't scam my vans all pictured in front of showroom:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
At least they won't scam my vans all pictured in front of showroom:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Don't be too sure - I remember one with photos in front of a showroom, I think it was from JC Leisure. Sometimes the scammers are just a bit thick.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

flashkim

Free Member
Oct 28, 2012
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Relay L2H2
Exp
Few years now
TODAYS SCAM Link Removed
TERRY
I don't understand ...they got the price wrong ? I just had mine taken off gumtree, because I never spotted that although I had the correct price down in the add twice ..It had come up £26.50 on the banner, instead of £26.500 .So I changed it ..that was ok for a couple of days ..Now they have taken it down again saying not in the spirit of Gumtree. ????? perhaps they should check out the guy who's copied (incorrectly) part of my add. There's no such thing as free ,I paid £70 on autotrader no problems with them, same copy and paste details , Kim :RollEyes:

cbrookson

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur RX9 2012
Exp
Since 2001
Call me a bit thick but how does this scam work?

It's all to do with Classified advertisements being outside Ebay, and deliveries. SeeBroken Link Removed and a discussion.

It amazes me how many people get caught by these scams. :Sad:

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 3, 2012
Hastings
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since Oct 2012
It's all to do with Classified advertisements being outside Ebay, and deliveries. SeeBroken Link Removed and a discussion.

It amazes me how many people get caught by these scams. :Sad:

Cheers

i'm sorry for the peson that lost £5400 but i am always amazed that people do these things, When i bought my first van from an ebay classified ad I even asked the seller for ID while I was in his kitchen at his home address to check he really lived there, he looked a bit put out but I was about to hand over a lot of money.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
i'm sorry for the peson that lost £5400 but i am always amazed that people do these things, When i bought my first van from an ebay classified ad I even asked the seller for ID while I was in his kitchen at his home address to check he really lived there, he looked a bit put out but I was about to hand over a lot of money.

You sound sensible, but lots fall for working away, in force's etc, place monies into a holding account and will arrange delivery, then you release money from holding account when you are happy-all sounds plausible
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back