LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi, got SWMBO a t-mobile USB stick yesterday £15 a month on 2 year contract. Installed it today piece of cake and am now on full HSDPA and we live out in the sticks. Absolutely brilliant!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thought about getting one but i dont understand download limits so i dont know if i'd get a month from it or go over the limit. :Doh:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
thought about getting one but i dont understand download limits so i dont know if i'd get a month from it or go over the limit. :Doh:

:Cool: Last summer, I converted both our son and daughter from AOL Broadband onto the THREE USB Dongle. Neither of them have gone over the limit yet. Both are VERY happy with the speed and mobility. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Digger Driver

Free Member
Oct 4, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I have a USB stick with T-Mobile i went over the 3 gig a month limit just once!
They just sent me a letter saying if i do it the following month they would have words with me!
Thats the only time i have been over in 3 years!

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004

Hi Pappajohn 3gig is a lot unless you are interested in downloading movies or some such, a movie can be 1gb or more. Thing with t-mobile is they warn you if you are going to go over but in my view it's most unlikely.

For example a windows update might be say 2.5 mb.

There are 1024 kb's in a mb
1024 mb's in a gb

and you get 3gb ::bigsmile::thumb:

Hope this helps.

By the way on the web site they say you pay £10 for the stick. In the shop they are free along with a few pens, some lollies and a couple of packets of jelly beans.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Pappajohn 3gig is a lot unless you are interested in downloading movies or some such, a movie can be 1gb or more. Thing with t-mobile is they warn you if you are going to go over but in my view it's most unlikely.

For example a windows update might be say 2.5 mb.

There are 1024 kb's in a mb
1024 mb's in a gb

and you get 3gb ::bigsmile::thumb:

Hope this helps.

By the way on the web site they say you pay £10 for the stick. In the shop they are free along with a few pens, some lollies and a couple of packets of jelly beans.

that just did it for me.........:ROFLMAO::thumb:

seriously, now i know what sort of numbers we're talking it sounds very attractive.

now the crunch question...............if i use a dongle on one of my PCs is it possible to set up a wireless home network from that PC. if not it will mean at least two dongles. one for me and one for shirl. assuming a dongle can be used on more than one computer (not at the same time obviously)

john.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I stand to be corrected but if all your computers are wireless enabled then I see no reason why you can't set up a home network with internet sharing. :thumb:

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
I'm on t mobile web and walk and the beauty is that when I do something completely stupid I ring them, pay 25p to get through to the tech guys and they put me back on the right track - can't fault them, £34.75 per month for £50 mobile calls and unlimited internet access, and they speak english when you get through

Jan

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
t-mobile USB stick

We have three T-Mobile broadband connections in this house :whatthe: (They rock)

However, My youngest son (11) has sussed that he can use his t-mobile stick at home too.... to beat dads parental restrictions on the regular home broadband?

Or so he thinks? ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back