Free Member
May 12, 2013
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, as we are only newbies with our first motorhome we were looking for advice on what are the best type of trailers for a motorbike and any pitfalls there is with towing trailers with a motorhome.:Smile:

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
We went for the Phoenix Big Bike Trailer for ease of loading (with a folding ramp you can ride on and off and still be able to put your feet down at any point - invaluable if the bike is heavy and you're not!)

DSCN0417_zps759e682d.jpg

We really can't fault it - good build quality and very reasonably priced. Just make sure to fit a reversing camera so you can keep an eye on the load :thumb:

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Hi we have a box trailer with a Yamaha x max inside no problem for meplus your bike stays dry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Hi and :welcome:

I have a trailer that was made to my specs by Richardson Rice at York.
It was a little on the expensive side but it is multi purpose in that I can take the top off and use it as a normal trailer for rubbish etc.
With the top on it provides secure storage/dry storage for my Triumph Tiger 800.

If you want to have a look at it let me know and I will PM you my address as I am not very far from you.:thumb:

Upvote 0
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Link RemovedWith a serious lack of space at my home we bought one of these folding bike trailers....comes in four parts and this made for easy storage...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
G

Garry777

Free Member
May 12, 2013
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi and :welcome:

I have a trailer that was made to my specs by Richardson Rice at York.
It was a little on the expensive side but it is multi purpose in that I can take the top off and use it as a normal trailer for rubbish etc.
With the top on it provides secure storage/dry storage for my Triumph Tiger 800.

If you want to have a look at it let me know and I will PM you my address as I am not very far from you.:thumb:
Hi there, thank you very much for the offer I would appreciate it if we could have a look at your trailer as we can not decide whether to tow the Trike or a bike.

Upvote 0

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
Hi

We've had this trailer for the last 10 years, Erde 750CH, nice and light to move around and solid when towing. Easy to strap the bike up anywhere on the trailer frame. Stores in the garage easily :Smile:

http://flic.kr/p/eRpNq7

Upvote 0

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
We went for the Phoenix Big Bike Trailer for ease of loading (with a folding ramp you can ride on and off and still be able to put your feet down at any point - invaluable if the bike is heavy and you're not!)

This trailer looks good with that ramp. The "always on" reversing camera is a "must" , we have one too because otherwise you cant see the trailer whilst driving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Hi there, thank you very much for the offer I would appreciate it if we could have a look at your trailer as we can not decide whether to tow the Trike or a bike.

We will be in from tomorrow so I will PM you my mobile number and give you directions. A little advance warning would be useful as well, just to make sure we are in :thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back