Advice on sites (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Looking for sites that have good disabled facilities, level areas, bar/restaurant etc.
But not to noisy or rowdy.
Any recommendations, thanks

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
It might be worth looking at Kelling Heath in North Norfolk. This is a very picturesque site, wooded but flat, with a cafe, bar and resturant, hard standing and nice grass pitches too. The grass pitches have views over heathland. Showers and loos all good, including washing up are good too.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul it mind be a bit far for you for a night but ideal for longer, have a look at Brighouse bay caravan site in Kirkcudbright Dumfries and Gallowy.

It's a big site but by no means noisy or rowdy, they have a club house with bar and swimming pool which can all be accessed without stairs. In the shower blocks they have large cubicles with shower wc and sink in same cubicle which would be handy I imagine. They also have a bath that you can collect key for.

The site is relatively flat on the main with 3 little lochs that could be accessed via wheel chair I'm sure.

If you would like any info on it just ask

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Paul have a look at Claylands Park Garstang

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Wharfedale CC site has a pub restaurant on site ish bit of a walk but book before you go

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Paul it mind be a bit far for you for a night but ideal for longer, have a look at Brighouse bay caravan site in Kirkcudbright Dumfries and Gallowy.

It's a big site but by no means noisy or rowdy, they have a club house with bar and swimming pool which can all be accessed without stairs. In the shower blocks they have large cubicles with shower wc and sink in same cubicle which would be handy I imagine. They also have a bath that you can collect key for.

The site is relatively flat on the main with 3 little lochs that could be accessed via wheel chair I'm sure.

If you would like any info on it just ask

Paul have a look at Claylands Park Garstang

Cheers Gerry, have been looking at that one, stayed at Castle Cary last year and want to back around that area, had to cut thd trip short due to weather.

Thanks Andy, stayed at Claylands last year, it was ok. Jusf looking for different sites.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Don't bite my head off
Have look at haven sites they do cater very well for disabled we were sited a couple of pitches away from a old couple the man was in a powered wheel chair and seemed to cope very well we saw them around all areas bars entertainment and such and seemed to enjoy them selfs
Haven is not everybody's cup of tea and does get busy at weekends
We only went as we had granddaughter she is only 3
But I would not go back on a bank holiday ever again manic
Cleethorpes had a camp train up into town and I am nearly sure it had wheelchair access
Just a thought

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Paul if ever you want a very short trip , ideally suited, especially if you want to sample your new van, then consider the Caravan Club site at Bury. Some nice wheel chair friendly walks we were pleasantly suprised.

There is a pub right outside the barrier ( not sampled by us )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back