Looking for a new grey waste container (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I have a jerry can (approx 20l) with both tip and side openings for running grey waste into but, at about 200mm, it's a bit high to fit under the grey outlet pipe unless the van is up on the Milenco ramps. I really need one about the same capacity but that is no more than about 180mm deep.

I've been Googling this afternoon and found the sort of thing I need in the CAK Tanks catalogue "WWC20S - Portable slide under waste tank with 100mm filling cap in side. Can be
used with optional WWTHOSE. Sizes L x W x H mm 435 x 290 x 165mm".

Trouble is that CAK Tanks (surprise, surprise) don't have any in stock and don't know when they might get any more.

O'Leary's and other places I've looked at don't seem to have anything similar. Anyone know of anything suitable?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Seriously, I did have one of those grey waste containers on wheels. It was quite flat and if you had a very low van you could always put a piece of hosepipe on the outlet and feed it into the tank which was left away from the van. I stopped using it after reading another thread :Doh:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just cut your old one down to size:winky:

or you could do the same as we do and run a flexible pipe into it ...... It won't fill it right up but at least it's not too heavy to carry

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
This Thetford waste container is about the shallowest there is but they are discontinued. They come up occasionally on Ebay like this is...

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This Thetford waste container is about the shallowest there is but they are discontinued. They come up occasionally on Ebay like this is...

Link Removed

I was about to mention that one, I was trying to work out how long the grass was, :winky: then work on the size of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You need the top part of a bucket Graham, works a treat. :whatthe: Bob.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Link Removed

I was about to mention that one, I was trying to work out how long the grass was, :winky: then work on the size of it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You need the top part of a bucket Graham, works a treat. :whatthe: Bob.

Thanks. It was one of those I was really looking for but didn't know the manufacturer. No wonder I couldn't find them if they are discontinued ::bigsmile:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What about one of these, loads on eBay this one got a couple of hours 181155627905

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I just remembered what mine was called. Wastehog, just like this Link Removed

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We use a Wastemaster as used by countless tuggers like this Link Removed
you can pick them up for a tenner at car boot sales.
I got a bit of flexible domestic waste pipe and a short piece of plastic domestic waste pipe (40mm?) which slips over the waste outlet on my Rapido and drops into the lower of the two input ports on the Wastemaster. Works a treat.
Gets a lot of admiring glances from the French as you wheel it to the borne with your Thetford cassette safely attached by a couple of bungies.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Likewise wastemaster Graham, a left over from tugging. It fits nicely in the box provided for the spare wheel, right alongside it, and the only things likely to be contaminated are the spare and the tiles to go under the wheels.
Strangely, even after a fortnight in France in hot weather, it did not smell after use. We don't let waste into it via a hose, after a couple of days I drain the waste tank into it and take it for emptying if I cannot get to a drive over drop point. It does get cleaned/ disinfected when we get home.

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp

If the grass gets too long , we use this one, Fiamma 23 Litres fits in the gas cupboard instead of a second gas bottle.

Link Removed

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well. If no one else is going to say it I will...

I have a grey water container that fits under my van at all times and under all circumstances.

It is quite large and has a huge capacity.

The Earth.

JJ :Cool:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I had two custom tanks made for my self build by this guy.
http://www.tank.me/

Excellent service. He makes the tanks himself. I have two under my van...

Very good prices as well. Worked out a lot cheaper than I expected.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Thank you Peter but all too large for reasons given in previous posts.

I was quite surprised that I could only find three products to fit the bill: the discontinued Thetford unit, the CAK tanks one which is out of stock until nobody knows when and the one at Rainbow Conversions which I've ordered.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Grey waste

Hi,

We got fed up of using bowls and small buckets or always having to find an MH SVP, so bought one of the wheeled, low-slung jobs referred to by others. For us it fits perfectly under the pipe of the Hymer but only just!

More importantly, we have a space in the double floor which also fits perfectly, easily accessible from the outside of the van. They may not look very bulky, but they are an awkward shape and get pretty mucky, so you need to think about where it will live when not on site......if course if you have a garage in the van, no problem!

Gary :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back