Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Hi everyone.
We have just bought a Knaus Sun Ti S650 & are planning on touring the UK. Then when the weather gets miserable were going to head off to Spain for the winter then come back via Portugal & France then carry on where we left of in the UK.

Could anyone give us some good advice on what companies can cover us for this sort of trip as we plan to spend more than 90 days in europe.

Also any other advice would be welcome, such as where are the LPG stations etc.

Many thanks. ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, have a look at the Link Removed, there are half a dozen companies reviewed by members there.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Hi Marrwyck

We are insured with Norwich Union through Comfort insurance brokers. If I recall correctly we have 180 day trips in europe included in our policy....

As Brisey says...Norwich Union. Get a quote from them at least.

For me it was the only company who didn't make a fuss about me wanting to use my Camper as main/sole vehicle to include driving to and from work. Most other companies dont like MH/Camper owners who use them as the sole vehicle.

Not sure how long they cover me for Europe but its more than enough.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Chat to Safeguard (Motorhome Insurance from Safeguard). They offer unlimited European cover and understand the needs of people who take extended tours abroad.

Safeguard works for us everytime, although perhaps a bit more expensive. Its not all about the premium. Safeguard includes breakdown and recovery cover via the AA for any size van with their policy as well. :thumb:

Good luck on your travels.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We're with Safeguard and have 365 days cover in Europe. :thumb:

We have a Knaus too - SunLiner 658LG.:coolthumb:

Last November 7th we set off for France, took about a week to get to Spain then headed for the warmth! Arrived in Monte Gordo, Portugal on Dec 2nd where we stayed for 6 weeks. Back into Spain, only leaving mid March when we arrived back in France and shivered! Left France on April 3rd.:Sad:

We're now touring UK visiting friends and family then heading off back to Europe in September. :Smile:The plan is to to tour Italy and Sicily and be back in Spain (Costa De La Luz) by early December. Spend the worst months there then head back via Portugal and the Atlantic coast of Spain.

However - plans can and do change but it doesn't matter if they do - keep flexible is our motto!!!:ROFLMAO:

Had no problems getting LPG in France but didn't fill up in Spain. Used a BP station in Portugal. We have 1 Gaslow bottle and also a Propane bottle as back up and found we didn't use that much gas and never needed to worry about filling up. We also carry the largest camping gas bottle available as extra back up and also an adaptor ( purchased from Gaslow when we had the LPG installed) to connect it to the gas regulator of the van.

If you want to know anything else about our trip - ask away!!
Happy travelling - we may meet on the road! Get a Motorhome Fun window sticker then we'll recognise you!:thumb:

Marie
:ROFLMAO:

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
We're with Safeguard and have 365 days cover in Europe. :thumb:

Safeguard not only gave me one of the highest quotes, but was also one of the many companies that refused cover to use for work travel as sole vehicle.

With Norwich Union i pay £200 fully comp which includes travel in Europe and my breakdown policy is with Europ Assist which cost £59 online(includes home start, breakdown anywhere UK, plus Europe).

It pays to 'shop around' for insurance though your choices are far less than with car insurance. The company i'd been with for years with various cars i'd owned just simply did not insure MH's/Campers....period! Oddly enough, when i had a car Norwich Union was a company i would never even have bothered calling for a quote as they wouldn't even get close to a sensible quote!

blackie

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
N IRELAND
Funster No
MH
C/CLASS
Exp
10 YEARS
Aa Insurance

Hi everyone.
We have just bought a Knaus Sun Ti S650 & are planning on touring the UK. Then when the weather gets miserable were going to head off to Spain for the winter then come back via Portugal & France then carry on where we left of in the UK.

Could anyone give us some good advice on what companies can cover us for this sort of trip as we plan to spend more than 90 days in europe.

Also any other advice would be welcome, such as where are the LPG stations etc.

Many thanks. ::bigsmile:
HI, WE DO SAME EVERY YEAR.BEST DEAL WE GOT WAS ANNUAL MULTI TRIP/90 DAYS PER TRIP. AA AT 75 POUNDS PER YEAR. REGARDS BLACKIE

OP
OP
Marrwyck

Marrwyck

Free Member
Jan 29, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
Exp
2 Years
Hi everyone, thxs for your posts & help.

Primary Insurance gave us the best quote. Looked on website, gave them a call their quote for the 2 of us for our now shorter trip to Europe, July08 to March 09 was under £200, saving us £70.

Thxs for the info everyone ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back