Recommend a site in Normandy? (1 Viewer)

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
I'm going to France this coming Friday morning. The original plan was to visit a friend who has a place at Vaulandry, not far from Le Fleche (so I'm told... sat nav lady will guide me!). Another friend then told me he was going to the Somme on the weekend of 29th and would I like to join him.

In order to combine the two visits I'll be left with about four days free in the middle which I was thinking of spending in the Normany area before I head up to Calais on 29th to meet my friend off the boat.

With that in mind can any Funsters recommend a good site to stay at in Normandy to use as a base for a mini-tour of the area? There'll be just little me, no kids/dogs etc so I'm not bothered about facilities for them, more about convenient location, clean facilities, reasonable price (not necessarily cheapest).

Thanks,

Simon
:thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Emplacement : 4 euros
Adulte : 2,50 euros
Enfant : 1,30 euros (- de 7 ans)
Electricité : 3 euros

place du chateau, mortain.

right in the centre of the town, beautiful spot.

Free aire outside the campsite too, half a dozen spaces...

:thumb:

OP
OP
Spenders

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
Thanks for that Stcry...... anybody else got any suggestions? :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Municipal site at Falais...right under the Chateau where William the Conqueror was born and next to a little river..around 14 euro. Easy stroll into town and good touring access to Caen, Normandy beaches etc..recommended.:thumb:We have been there twice because we like it so much.

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
STCYR,
La Haye Du Puis, in the village, great people, Patrice the owner is a star, wife is English. Site is situated around a Carp Lake with great facilities.
First went 30 yrs ago when Patrice was a young Boy, his dad is a brilliant man, If you go stay off the Cavados its home made.....
Best Regards Mac

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
French site

Hi,Spenders We stayed last year at Honfleur at a lovely site five minutes away from the harbour area ,It was exceptional Camping La Briquerie,everything on site supermarket was 500 metres away swimming pool great, restuarant very nice .I may go again soon :winky:

SoapyTutti

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
"I'm a newbie"
Saint Claire Neufchatel

The above site is well worth looking at fantastic site geared towards motorhomes with concrete bases within a grassed pitch lovely area supermarkets nearby and its in the Acsi book

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
as allready mentioned la hay du puits

Link Removed

stayed last year, very nice place:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spenders

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
The above site is well worth looking at fantastic site geared towards motorhomes with concrete bases within a grassed pitch lovely area supermarkets nearby and its in the Acsi book

Thanks for this recommendation..... and all the others above. When I've googled it one of the reviews says that there is a 3.5t weight limit on the approach road to the site, which would be a problem for my 3.8t MH!! :Sad:

Simon

donnkim

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Bury
Funster No
MH
Low Line Coachbuilt
Exp
a newbie
Courseulles sur Mer

Municiple site - think its called Le Champ de Course. wonderfully clean on Juno Beach - great to explore landing beaches etc.
Don

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Bayeux

The municipal site is very pleasant. Shortish walk into town and the Tapestry and a few miles from the fortifications on the cliffs..

Run by a fabulously off hand concierge type.

Recommended

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back