LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have proved beyond any doubt that DVLA Swansea not only tell lies, but are completely incompetent. As posted in a previous thread I hit a problem after importing my VW Dehler. I phoned Swansea on 5 June to ask if anything had changed since my last personal import, and that I was going along to my local office to register. She told me that since April this year they had changed the system and all imports had to be done by Swansea now. After much ifing and aring she said she would send the pack to me so that I could fill it in. 12 days later and after phoning every other day since the 5 June and ordering another pack and also asking for one on line twice am still awaiting the pack to arrive. So off I set for my local DVLA office this morning to see if just on the off chance they may still have some old forms lying around. Waits in the queue for 10 minutes and saw a nice man who listened to my predicament, then handed me the forms and told me to fill them in and hand them back and the registration number would be sent in 3 days. I told him what there collogues had told me in Swansea, to which he replied that the Manchester local office will close in December and everything will have to be done at Swansea.... God help us :Doh:
Will we have to learn Welsh to be able to converse with them, they obviously dont understand English. Any of there ex pats that want to return please do NOW as I think it will be an excellent idea to cut em loose, let the Welsh assembly rule em and let us rule ourselves before its too bloody late.
I await with baited breath for my friend Shiftys excuse for there behaviour. Just maybe someone held up the mail coach or something :Doh:
Or just maybe its lambing season and they are all busy :RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if they put a barbed wire fence fence and checkpoint Charlie's around Wales the DVLA will be offloaded to India....God help us then.:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
You want to try and renew an hgv 1 liecence. It took two years for my husbands last renewal to come through. Two cover notes, several letters/phone calls back and forth as well as involving our MP. There excuse (swansea) there is a back log of renwals in the medical dept , they had to have a repeat of dr's letters as they had lost them. Rich has decided as he isn't driviing hgvs anymore next renewal he will let lapse.:Angry:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
You want to try and renew an hgv 1 liecence. It took two years for my husbands last renewal to come through. Two cover notes, several letters/phone calls back and forth as well as involving our MP. There excuse (swansea) there is a back log of renwals in the medical dept , they had to have a repeat of dr's letters as they had lost them. Rich has decided as he isn't driviing hgvs anymore next renewal he will let lapse.:Angry:

Been there done that one for years. My problem was I was hardly ever in the UK and therefore it was an absolute nightmare when HGV licence or passport had to be renewed. Drive up to Liverpool early in the morning and put application in for the passport, then go back later in the day to collect it.
With licence, find a doctor who could fit you in for the medical, then drive down to Swansea and fast track it..........Thats a joke, there idea of fast track was 24 hours, so book into a hotel and go back next day.
They are all blaming it on cutbacks now....welcome to the real world DVLA Swansea.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back