Pros and Cons of Malvern Show (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Do I want to go to Malvern or not? It's a tricky one.

Pros:

1. Get to meet up with that [STRIKE]old reprobate[/STRIKE] god amongst Funsters JJ again. :winky:

2. Get to meet Frankie. :Smile:

Cons:

1. It will be full of misguided individuals who take Country & Western seriously. :wub:

2. There will be massed line dancing. :whatthe:

3. Apparently Fun gets parked next to the dung heap. :Sad:

Any other pros and cons I need to consider?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
unfortunately if you go you will miss the Ilfracombe rally.:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
It's all win/win, Maz!

No dung heap last year - we were t'other end of the campsite!

Lots of great music by very good musicians! (We won't be playing, you'll be relieved to know)

Brilliant atmosphere with not too many freaks :roflmto:

..and we all get to meet Frankie...oh, yes, and re-meet JJ :roflmto:

Best show of the year, in my opinion.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Do I want to go to Malvern or not? It's a tricky one.

Pros:

1. Get to meet up with that [STRIKE]old reprobate[/STRIKE] god amongst Funsters JJ again. :winky: (Carol tells me he's an impostor)

2. Get to meet Frankie. :Smile: (Could be a plus)

Cons:

1. It will be full of misguided individuals who take Country & Western seriously. :wub: (Or fun)

2. There will be massed line dancing. :whatthe:(Also massed Bacon sandwiches)

3. [HI]Apparently Fun gets parked next to the dung heap[/HI]. :Sad:
(Feel sorry for the Dung Heap)

Any other pros and cons I need to consider?

Malvern is nice:winky:

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks for all the input so far. :Smile:

Updated Pros & Cons

Pros:

1. Get to meet up with that [STRIKE]old reprobate[/STRIKE] god amongst Funsters JJ again. :winky:

3. Great music (allegedly) - within the limitations of a Country & Western context. :winky:

4. We may not get parked next to the dung heap.

Cons:

1. It will be full of misguided individuals who take Country & Western seriously. :wub:

3. Fun may get parked next to the dung heap. :Sad:

4. Massed bacon sandwiches - for a vegetarian this is not a 'good thing'. :RollEyes:

5. Clashes with Roger's Ilfracombe rally.

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Malvern is one of the best shows of the year, only a tiny minority of the showgoers wear sixguns. ::bigsmile: We were pitched right next to the show last year. The actual show is not quite as big as Peterborough, but the atmosphere is always excellent. I get up early and enjoy a walk in the Malvern hills overlooking the showground, its very nice indeed:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am not a fan of American culture, Country music or dancing of any variety..........

However JJ will be there so I am going :ROFLMAO:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Pro's

Its cheap bearing in mind its during school summer holidays

You are not surrounded by noisy children who misbehave all the time :thumb::thumb:

Its fun to see others dress up and enjoy themselves regardless of whether you are into line dancing, cowboys and indians etc

You get to make new friends and meet old ones :thumb::thumb::thumb:

The views are lovely :Eeek::Eeek:

There was no dung heap near the funsters last year :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

You can hate country music but still have a good time

You get to see JJ and Frankie (note rumour has it they are having a""visit us day" as so many want to catch up with them so join the queue early entrance for an audience will be £5 per person as their time is so precious - funds raised go towards frankies little funmobile :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Frankie is a lovely person and great fun :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Con's

Its the same time as the ilfracombe rally :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

There is a very slim possibility funsters could be near the dung heap (but as there are so many perhaps this is very very slim. :Doh::Doh::Doh:

It could rain (not that that has ever stopped funsters before)

You HAVE to have FUN

The funster tents get full :Blush::Blush::Blush:

You may have to join in with funster fun :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Your photo may appear on fun :winky::winky::winky::winky:

Sunshine has been requested but is not guaranteed :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Finally there is no contest - The actual question is

Funster meet or NO funster meet

Well funster meet will always get our vote every time xxxxxx

Last edited:
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Updated Pros & Cons

Pros:

3. Great music (allegedly) - within the limitations of a Country & Western context. :winky:

5. Walks in the Malvern Hills. :thumb:

6. A whole ten-gallon hatful of reasons (as per Gail's post above). :thumb:

Cons:

4. Massed bacon sandwiches - for a vegetarian this is not a 'good thing'. :RollEyes:

Last edited:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
malvern show is not to be missed u can rally with roger any time, so come and join the fun you dont have to fetch your gun .:thumb:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Updated Pros & Cons

Pros:

7. (moved from cons) There will be massed line dancing. :whatthe: but you dont have to watch it or join in if you dont want to

8. (moved from cons) Fun may get parked next to the dung heap. :Sad: this wont matter as long as the wind blows in a certain direction

Cons:

1. It will be full of misguided individuals who take Country & Western seriously. :wub: wrong there will be many misguided individuals who take it seriously - then theres the funsters

2. Massed bacon sandwiches - for a vegetarian this is not a 'good thing'. :RollEyes: Vege sausages can be cooked too

3. Clashes with Roger's Ilfracombe rally.
and theres nothing I can do about this one being on at the same time :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

This is where I make everyone laugh and say THE PROS HAVE IT :thumb::thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
Updated Pros & Cons

Pros:

Cons:

Maz
End the debate lovely.
I will be there
Come along and enjoy your self

There you go
No further debate required. He he he

Seriously. It is a good venue and the people are great
Get along and you'll want to return. Next year

Yours Ian x

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Updated Pros & Cons

Pros:

Cons:

:Blush::Blush: I'm very flattered, but I can't be that important ( nor ...His Highness Something.. and you know what ... there will be foot on, the same week end:RollEyes:).. Now the bottles of Champagne Rosé I'll be bringing for the auction will be much more important:winky:::bigsmile::thumb::thumb:... but you'll have to beat Kath (Champers) on this one... she was not meant to come but now she does.......:Doh:

Bubbles bubbles.....

Frankie:Cool:

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Pro's

Its cheap bearing in mind its during school summer holidays

You are not surrounded by noisy children who misbehave all the time :thumb::thumb:

Its fun to see others dress up and enjoy themselves regardless of whether you are into line dancing, cowboys and indians etc

You get to make new friends and meet old ones :thumb::thumb::thumb:

The views are lovely :Eeek::Eeek:

There was no dung heap near the funsters last year :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

You can hate country music but still have a good time

You get to see JJ and Frankie (note rumour has it they are having a""visit us day" as so many want to catch up with them so join the queue early entrance for an audience will be £5 per person as their time is so precious - funds raised go towards frankies little funmobile :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Frankie is a lovely person and great fun :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Con's

Its the same time as the ilfracombe rally :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

There is a very slim possibility funsters could be near the dung heap (but as there are so many perhaps this is very very slim. :Doh::Doh::Doh:

It could rain (not that that has ever stopped funsters before)

You HAVE to have FUN

The funster tents get full :Blush::Blush::Blush:

You may have to join in with funster fun :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Your photo may appear on fun :winky::winky::winky::winky:

Sunshine has been requested but is not guaranteed :Smile::Smile::Smile:

Finally there is no contest - The actual question is

Funster meet or NO funster meet

Well funster meet will always get our vote every time xxxxxx

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good idea Gail but I think 5£ might be a bit too much for the kind of van I want:roflmto: !!

It's nice to see you didn't keep a too bad souvenir of our 5 days together!!:winky:::bigsmile:

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
:Blush::Blush: I'm very flattered, but I can't be that important ( nor ...His Highness Something.. and you know what ... there will be foot on, the same week end:RollEyes:).. Now the bottles of Champagne Rosé I'll be bringing for the auction will be much more important:winky:::bigsmile::thumb::thumb:... but you'll have to beat Kath (Champers) on this one... she was not meant to come but now she does.......:Doh:

Bubbles bubbles.....

Frankie:Cool:

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="800"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944) the author of "Le Petit Prince" a well known French children's book.

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2"> <table border="0"> <tbody><tr> <td width="169">
04prince2.jpg

</td> <td> Quote from "Le Petit Princess":
"Well, I must endure the presence of (JJ) two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the Princess. It seems that she is very beautiful. "

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=800 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944) the author of "Le Petit Prince" a well known French children's book.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=169>
04prince2.jpg

</TD><TD>Quote from "Le Petit Princess":
"Well, I must endure the presence of (JJ) two or three caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the Princess. It seems that she is very beautiful. "

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Never read it that way.... been french too long apparently!!

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Good idea Gail but I think 5£ might be a bit too much for the kind of van I want:roflmto: !!

It's nice to see you didn't keep a too bad souvenir of our 5 days together!!:winky:::bigsmile:

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Actually I have fond memories of it and you are always very welcome but I wont be as hard on us both with a much more leisurely schedule should you want some fun with us in the future

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
How very sweet some of you lot are...:Eeek:

A few points my legal people want me to clarify.

1. The rumours of a £5 charge to meet Frankie are false.

It is one Fray Bentos Pie per person (no chicken or kidney please).

2. It is NOT true that I have bought two tickets to the opening game of the season at the Etihad. (How far is Malvern from Manchester?)

3. I am attending Malvern to keep my Princess safe from smooth talking, young predators and to meet Lord Brisey and Lady Pamalaaaar again... and Karl The SGN2 King... and Jim and Sian...and Eddie with his teenage bride Carol... and Champers with the Sheriff... and Rock Star Rex with my Baby Sister... and Peter the Brain (aka Welsh Cake Man)... and Graham the Recorder of history and each and every single wonderful Funster (even the FB pie hating, Kipor bashing, City knocking, line dancing ones) who are attending... and of course Queen of the Quizs, Maz should she decide to come along!

4. As an assistant marshal who might have to take a turn or two parking arrivals I advise against wearing any Red football tops/scarves/badges/caps or find yourself next to the dung heap (ajacent to the naughty corner).

5. Those of you requiring Kipor advice please note I plan to have taken possession of a Onan 2.2 kva Whisper generator and might be playing with that unless under orders to cook/wash up/clean etc. :ROFLMAO:

6. If City get drawn to play against the Salford mob (away) and win 3-0 or more I will go line dancing in full cowboy outfit with a "I love Hondas and RVs" badge on.

See you all there?

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
How very sweet some of you lot are...:Eeek:

A few points my legal people want me to clarify.

1. The rumours of a £5 charge to meet Frankie are false.
what a shame I would have contributed £5 to the frankiemobile :thumb::thumb::thumb:

It is one Fray Bentos Pie per person (no chicken or kidney please). does that mean you are cooking them all and organising a pie-off one afternoon???? :thumb::thumb:

2. It is NOT true that I have bought two tickets to the opening game of the season at the Etihad. (How far is Malvern from Manchester?) Who bought them for you???? :winky::winky::winky:

4. As an assistant marshal who might have to take a turn or two parking arrivals I advise against wearing any Red football tops/scarves/badges/caps or find yourself next to the dung heap (ajacent to the naughty corner). hopefully we will be parked on the same spot as last year.

5. Those of you requiring Kipor advice please note I plan to have taken possession of a Onan 2.2 kva Whisper generator and might be playing with that unless under orders to cook/wash up/clean etc. :ROFLMAO: There are more important things at Malvern to play with at than a Kipor :thumb::thumb::thumb:

6. If City get drawn to play against the Salford mob (away) and win 3-0 or more I will go line dancing in full cowboy outfit with a "I love Hondas and RVs" badge on. Hoping someone going to Malvern is taking a camcorder. Im really looking forward to seeing the footage of this. Envisaging the caption posts already :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you all there?

JJ :Cool:

As always couldnt resist :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OOOH saving the best for last Malvern is about 118miles from Manchester and about 2.5hrs one way if the traffic is good. So allow 3.5 hours

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back