Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
we have made our minds up where we are going on out road trip.bham to sorrentto to sicily getting boat from Palermo to genoa over tp pisa then up to monacco then heading back home via malliu bridge Epernay then back to bham.leaving on the 27/9/13 to 19/10/13.has any body got advice on campsites ferrys etc for on route.cheers

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
we have made our minds up where we are going on out road trip.bham to sorrentto to sicily getting boat from Palermo to genoa over tp pisa then up to monacco then heading back home via malliu bridge Epernay then back to bham.leaving on the 27/9/13 to 19/10/13.has any body got advice on campsites ferrys etc for on route.cheers

WOW!!

That is a lot of motoring in just 3 weeks........ you planning to stop anywhere ? :ROFLMAO:

You are taking ferry to Genoa, doubling back to Pisa turning round again and driving back past Genoa again to reach Monaco, then home. Rather you than me.

Enjoy, Regards, Bryan.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Genoa is a pain to get through , once is enough for anyone:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Shuggy68

Banned
Apr 25, 2012
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
i year
rubbish

3 weeks is plenty motorhome is for using not looking at as for doubling back on my self well ill it needs tweeting but that's the jist of the trip :Doh:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
3 weeks is plenty [HI]motorhome is for using [/HI]not looking at as for doubling back on my self well ill it needs tweeting but that's the jist of the trip :Doh:
I absolutely agree with you, it's just that we like to take a bit more time to absorb the atmosphere, the views and the general ambiance of places we visit.....but everybody is different and like to do things differently.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Just back from a 5 week 3250 mile round trip to Sicily and back. If you think that Genoa is a pain to get through then you want to try Palermo straight of the ferry.

Be warned it is a long way and do not underestimate the travelling time or the cumulative tiredness.

To see all there is to see in Sicily ( which is fantastic) takes time. We were there 20 days and still did not see it all!

Most campsites in Sicily only take cash as do some garages, as we found out!

Sicily seems to still run on a cash basis so it is something to bear in mind.
The ferry from Genoa takes 22 hrs and would seriously suggest paying for a cabin!
We did not initially book a cabin but were able to pay for one on board. And extra 124€ going out and 170€ coming back. Again be aware that the ferries operating out of Palermo do not take credit cards and the 170€ cash for the cabin nearly wiped us out on board. Some people just Did not have the cash and had to settle for the couchette. All the more strange as we paid by credit card on the trip down from Genoa, but that boat was registered in Genoa - same shipping line different payment methods.

Pm me for list of campsites we stayed at in Sicily.

As I said well worth going, different from the norm, not many Brits, but were were tired after the trip.

Cheers

Bob

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
3 weeks is plenty motorhome is for using not looking at as for doubling back on my self well ill it needs tweeting but that's the jist of the trip :Doh:

tweet it dont go via milau long way back go via lyon maybe or come to benicassim u owe me a beer me and pete will wait for ya lol and the sun is shinning :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Italy

Hi

We did that lot in 2011. Basically our itinerary was....

Calais - Paris - Sully sur Loire - St Poucain - Millau - Santa Susanna - Avignon - Antibes - Pisa - Rome (the whole of this was toll free, including the coast roads through France to Italy), then Pompei, Sorrento, Orvieto (do not miss Orvieto) Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Lake Garda, Verona, Venice etc etc!

The campsites are on our Link Broken -

We drove through the centre of Genoa no bother.

I think there are two ferry operators, albeit slightly different routes - have a read of www.aferry.to but I suggest booking direct with the operator.

Love,

Russell xxx

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Hi

We did that lot in 2011. Basically our itinerary was....

Calais - Paris - Sully sur Loire - St Poucain - Millau - Santa Susanna - Avignon - Antibes - Pisa - Rome (the whole of this was toll free, including the coast roads through France to Italy), then Pompei, Sorrento, Orvieto (do not miss Orvieto) Florence, Siena, San Gimignano, Lake Garda, Verona, Venice etc etc!

The campsites are on our Link Broken -

We drove through the centre of Genoa no bother.

I think there are two ferry operators, albeit slightly different routes - have a read of www.aferry.to but I suggest booking direct with the operator.

Love,

Russell xxx

Just read your blog entry for Camping Tiber and will make our way there next week, thanks for the info..

Regards, Bryan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back